New console system

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Playstation
  • Consoles
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 19, 2011 3:26:22 AM

i was wondering in the future if i should get a ps3 or kinnect?

im leaning more over for ps3 cuz their are not a lot of games out for kinnect and plus ps3 have some really nice graphics

More about : console system

Best solution

July 19, 2011 12:55:17 PM

The choice between the PS3 and XBOX 360 has been a dillema which has usurped many a frustrating periods of consumers!

Imo, the choice should be based on the kind of games you wanna play. Both consoles have certain exclusive titles. Eg, PS3 has the God of War series and Xbox has metal gear solid, If you're looking more into the motion sensing aspect, the kinnect being full body capture is brilliant! But as you rightly stated, it has very few titles. The PS3's move bundle isn't bad either!

I just went through the same thing as you're going through now. The fact of the matgter is that either console would be used for more than just the motion sensing feature/ games. I had tried both before the purchase and frankly, the kinnect didn't appeal to me much. The move bundle was good enough for me (plus I got to play God of War 3!!).

You need to look at the maximum value for the money being spent. Sure, both kinnect and move will come up with more titles in the future. But then, there's a lot that's gonna happen in the console world in the future (PS4, Xbox 720, etc). Personally, I prefer the PS3.

Better graphics, even if marginally
Free online play (as opposed to fees charged by Xbox)
Blu-ray player (as opposed to DVD player on the Xbox)
Built-in wifi (not so sure about the Xbox)

I suggest you list out the games you're looking at playing, then take a call.
July 19, 2011 3:38:49 PM

^+1

Nameless pretty much summed it up.

Graphically they're very similar - in some games the PS3 looks better, in others the XB360 does. Whereas with a PC there is often a massive difference between GPUs, so getting the right one is paramount, this isn't as much the case with consoles - both are more or less equal, with difference being only marginal.

Each has it's own pro's and con's, such as XB360 having a subscription to play online, but PS3 not having the Kinect.

I'm not sure whether RROD is still an issue for XB360's. I know FPS Russia is constantly videoing himself shooting holes in his latest XB RROD, but I don't know whether this is as much of an issue anymore as it used to be.

With consoles however you know that whatever you get is going to be more or less a safe bet. It's not like building yourself a computer where things can go seriously wrong, or buying a computer where you could get one that doesn't meet your needs. Both Sony and Microsoft will cater for you pretty well regardless of which you choose, so your main consideration should be small features such as:

What exclusives does it have?
What exclusive features does it have?
Will I have to pay extra for some features?
Is it [as] reliable?

Good luck :) 

-Nih
Score
Related resources
July 19, 2011 3:48:11 PM

Best answer selected by lookerup.
Score
July 20, 2011 11:51:05 AM

From what I've heard, the RROD is still around, perhaps not that common now though.

To the OP:
RROD means 'red ring of death', which is when the circular button on the Xbox 360 console turns red and hangs/ crashes the system. You then have to get it fixed from a service centre/ other methods. Also, do let us know what your decision is.

Enjoy! :) 
Score
July 20, 2011 1:41:02 PM

namelessonez said:
From what I've heard, the RROD is still around, perhaps not that common now though.

To the OP:
RROD means 'red ring of death', which is when the circular button on the Xbox 360 console turns red and hangs/ crashes the system. You then have to get it fixed from a service centre/ other methods. Also, do let us know what your decision is.

Enjoy! :) 

so i've heard lolz
Score
July 20, 2011 10:45:02 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!