Own An Intel K-Series CPU? Win A Core i7-980X!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
above 7.5ghz? holy balls..that'll need a 10 foot radiator + an air conditioner to keep cool

or i suppose that sparkling juice could do the trick....oh that looks thirst quenching...

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]above 7.5ghz? holy balls..that'll need a 10 foot radiator + an air conditioner to keep coolor i suppose that sparkling juice could do the trick....oh that looks thirst quenching...[/citation]

Liquid Nitrogen!

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]someguynamedmatt[/nom]*sigh*How about one for AMD Phenom II Black Edition Owners? /off topic self pity[/citation]
i'm right there with u ;)

dtemple

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
This is great! They're giving away what, $4500 worth of CPUs, $400 worth of SSDs, $800 in motherboards. Say they get 10,000 applicants and 1% (100) fry their CPUs in the process of overclocking... then they buy a replacement that costs $342 or $216... meaning they at least make $21,600 off this.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]someguynamedmatt[/nom]*sigh*How about one for AMD Phenom II Black Edition Owners? /off topic self pity[/citation]

Remember that one time when we gave away the AMD Phenom II X4 42 Black Edition TWKR CPUs? No? Here's the link ;-)

And of course, we're not looking for anyone to fry their hardware. Just show us what you've already done with your K-series chip. There's a good chance that you'll at least walk away with the water just for entering!

If you guys don't have a K-series processor, please allow me to show you to the System Builder Marathon giveaway going on right now! Three full systems being awarded, no strings-attached!

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
And for what it's worth guys, I'm going to try to keep contests running so there will always be a chance to win some new gear just for reading the site. Much love!

Chris

I think they could easily do it IF AMD gave them free CPUs and mobos to give away. Remember, Intel gave THG the parts to give away.

But thats all because Intel is pretty good at marketing. Maybe AMD will do it soon.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
how about one for an older amd XD (lets say athlon 64 X26400) *sorry had to try....dont have the cash while in college for anything better*

For those who can enter, good luck :-D

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
dtemple ~ you criticizing intel for the applicants stupidity?

Comp seem's nice, too bad I don't have one of these CPU's...

I've been looking for benches but there aren't really any around. can tom's hardware do a article on these, comparing them to phenom 955/965's and thuban 1090t's plus an i5-750 i7-870 i7-920 and i7-980x

I know thats ALOT of benchmarking, but it would help put these CPU's into perspective.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]decode[/nom]dtemple ~ you criticizing intel for the applicants stupidity?Comp seem's nice, too bad I don't have one of these CPU's...I've been looking for benches but there aren't really any around. can tom's hardware do a article on these, comparing them to phenom 955/965's and thuban 1090t's plus an i5-750 i7-870 i7-920 and i7-980xI know thats ALOT of benchmarking, but it would help put these CPU's into perspective.[/citation]

Hi decode!
We covered them at launch; here's the link to that story!
Regards,
Chris

decode

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
[citation][nom]cangelini[/nom]Hi decode!We covered them at launch; here's the link to that story!Regards,Chris[/citation]

Thanks man, Nice response time too!

Can't wait for the new 6xxx series, hope you guys beat rage3d etc for the un/official info's and benchmarks in future then I don't have to go googling constantly ;)

processthis

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
At first I thought it was one bottle of water. Two cases ain't bad. =P

Tom's seems to be having contests pretty regularly now, huh? I like it. :)

BTW, does anyone know when it's revealed who was the smartest and most witty? That was the most awesome contest in the history of contests. :D

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Dear Tom's, Im sure that yourselves and Intel have the best intentions of giving away all this cool hardware to a few lucky winners, but the true logic of it is that these people that qualify already have a brand new PC infront of them and the means of affording that kind of stuff. And to a greater extent your limiting it to people that have the resources and knowledge to do this kind of thing.

Why not do something for the little guy still just getting by with a P4, that cant enjoy that kind of financial freedom? Do not get me wrong its very nice thing to do, but seems like your giving things to the wrong demographic.

djdave404

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
Commenters are not thinking in a marketing kind of way. This is a simple,yet cost effective way to shine a light on Intel's new K line of products. Also to prove what a few normal people can do overclocking the new chips.

As far as who can enter the contest goes,Fair don't come into play.
Even if you don't own one, your talking about one..:)

That means it's working.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]thechief73[/nom]Dear Tom's, Im sure that yourselves and Intel have the best intentions of giving away all this cool hardware to a few lucky winners, but the true logic of it is that these people that qualify already have a brand new PC infront of them and the means of affording that kind of stuff. And to a greater extent your limiting it to people that have the resources and knowledge to do this kind of thing.Why not do something for the little guy still just getting by with a P4, that cant enjoy that kind of financial freedom? Do not get me wrong its very nice thing to do, but seems like your giving things to the wrong demographic.[/citation]

Check out those SBM contests :) We're giving away three complete PCs there.
Best of luck!!
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.