BF3 BETA DATE CONFIRMED

rivo101

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010

Lobodomy

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
I'm sure the multiplayer and co-op experience will be great :) I think the co-op will be really fun simply because I believe the action will be great. As long as there's great action it will be enjoyable when playing with a friend (for me, personally).

As for a storyline... I'd love if there was a good one, but I won't complain as long as the co-op and multiplayer is enjoyable, which I'm sure it will be.

rivo101

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Ive always enjoyed playing co-op with a friend:) More games should have Campaign co-op. Plus i know i will be setting the difficulty level to the hardest because thats when co-op games are most enjoyable:)

@Gman450 i love single player games but i dont see this game having a good SP story due to the fact that they have been a multiplayer focused franchise.

I didnt like the BAD COMPANY SP aspect just because i hated those stupid unfunny characters.

somdow

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
lord knows i cant WAIT! for this game!!!

i dont play SP on shooters usually. its all about the MP lol. now if they can figure out how to add SP baddies as real humans then id do that

Lobodomy

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
Same here. I'm building a new computer without a GPU so I can afford better parts, and planning to get a nice GPU in october for BF3 when I have more money to spend. If it wasn't for school I'd put in 10 hours a day as well, but I'm limited to only about 5 :(

the water looks nice but the rest looks like BC2... it doesnt really look at all much different... then again the open beta for bc2 had the same kind of issues... pitty on release they still hadnt fixed them...
i seriously hope they dont do what they did in bc2 with the gfx scaling.
dx9 looked virtualy no different to dx11 because they used cheats to emulate dx10 effects... things like that, could have taken a lot less resorces if they had just used dx10 to create them propperly. and left them out of the dx9 version... and dx11 support particularly sucked... i couldnt honestly tell the difference apart from the framerate drops... i really do hope they sort it out for this ittereation.

Lobodomy

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
Just checked the BF3Blog and it appears that DICE released the recommended system requirements for the alpha trial:

Windows 7 or Vista (SP1)
EA Origin
CPU: quad core 2.0 GHz or faster
RAM: 4 GB or more
Hard Drive: 7.25 GB free disk space
Video RAM: 512 MB or greater
DirectX 10 or 11 compatible video card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)
Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
Internet: broadband connection

Lobodomy

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
It's on the Facebook page that OP linked. Scroll down until you see the picture that was uploaded yesterday at 7:59am. Click on it and it will say that in the description. I don't believe that is official though as in the FAQ released today, they stated that it will be in September but the exact date will be announced in the future.

Lobodomy

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
Thanks for that link, I didn't see that video yet. All the videos seem to be getting removed (for obvious reasons), but I saw a couple other ones already a few hours ago. Makes me even more excited!