Sign in with
Your question

BF3 BETA DATE CONFIRMED

Last response: in Video Games
July 19, 2011 5:49:15 PM

The facebook page of EA Dice confirmed a 9/11/2011 beta release date (open beta)
here the link http://www.facebook.com/BF3battlelog

And here is a link to leaked BF3 alpha screenshots if anyone is interested.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/07/breaking-battlefield-3-alpha...

Thanks and your welcome

P.S take a look at the leaked alpha version screenshots with the APC, take note of what is said in the chat box lol i thought it was funny even though its in alpha trail:0)
July 19, 2011 7:00:08 PM

Thanks for the links, the screenshots make me even more excited!
m
l
July 20, 2011 3:44:17 PM

Let's all just hope that the game has a good storyline.
m
l
Related resources
July 20, 2011 4:07:51 PM

Meh, im not looking for a good story with this.
I just want a really fun multiplayer/co-op experience:) 
m
l
July 20, 2011 4:13:29 PM

So you don't play SP ?
m
l
July 20, 2011 4:16:57 PM

I'm sure the multiplayer and co-op experience will be great :)  I think the co-op will be really fun simply because I believe the action will be great. As long as there's great action it will be enjoyable when playing with a friend (for me, personally).

As for a storyline... I'd love if there was a good one, but I won't complain as long as the co-op and multiplayer is enjoyable, which I'm sure it will be.
m
l
July 20, 2011 4:38:02 PM

Ive always enjoyed playing co-op with a friend:)  More games should have Campaign co-op. Plus i know i will be setting the difficulty level to the hardest because thats when co-op games are most enjoyable:) 

@Gman450 i love single player games but i dont see this game having a good SP story due to the fact that they have been a multiplayer focused franchise.

I didnt like the BAD COMPANY SP aspect just because i hated those stupid unfunny characters.
m
l
July 20, 2011 4:48:50 PM

lord knows i cant WAIT! for this game!!!

i dont play SP on shooters usually. its all about the MP lol. now if they can figure out how to add SP baddies as real humans then id do that
m
l
July 20, 2011 4:54:45 PM

I usually play SP. Never have played MP in my life . LOL ! Maybe I'll try it out some day.
m
l
July 20, 2011 5:19:09 PM

I actually don't expect the SP to be a disappointing! :p  That 12 minute gameplay trailer changed my expectations, I think it at least won't be bad.
m
l
July 20, 2011 5:19:25 PM

I'm expecting you will all be playing on PC?
m
l
July 20, 2011 9:20:49 PM

I'm building a new computer specifically for this. I'm looking forward to the SP but I'll probably be online about 10 hours a day to begin with.
m
l
July 20, 2011 10:08:57 PM

Same here. I'm building a new computer without a GPU so I can afford better parts, and planning to get a nice GPU in october for BF3 when I have more money to spend. If it wasn't for school I'd put in 10 hours a day as well, but I'm limited to only about 5 :( 
m
l
July 20, 2011 11:59:58 PM

i hope those screen shots are of console gaming not the pc version. im not that impressed.
m
l
July 21, 2011 12:26:18 AM

the water looks nice but the rest looks like BC2... it doesnt really look at all much different... then again the open beta for bc2 had the same kind of issues... pitty on release they still hadnt fixed them...
i seriously hope they dont do what they did in bc2 with the gfx scaling.
dx9 looked virtualy no different to dx11 because they used cheats to emulate dx10 effects... things like that, could have taken a lot less resorces if they had just used dx10 to create them propperly. and left them out of the dx9 version... and dx11 support particularly sucked... i couldnt honestly tell the difference apart from the framerate drops... i really do hope they sort it out for this ittereation.
m
l
July 21, 2011 12:44:41 AM

Apparently, in those screenshots, the game is running on low settings with low resolution and currently has driver issues.
m
l
July 21, 2011 12:52:03 AM

Just checked the BF3Blog and it appears that DICE released the recommended system requirements for the alpha trial:

Windows 7 or Vista (SP1)
EA Origin
CPU: quad core 2.0 GHz or faster
RAM: 4 GB or more
Hard Drive: 7.25 GB free disk space
Video RAM: 512 MB or greater
DirectX 10 or 11 compatible video card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)
Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
Internet: broadband connection
m
l
July 21, 2011 1:20:38 AM

Eww, those trees look like poo. Low settings is right.
m
l
July 21, 2011 1:47:40 AM

my system is ready and waiting lol. the ONLY thing i think i want to change is my video card....not that its bad (gtx 470) but you know....i want something a lil bit upthere.
m
l
July 21, 2011 2:17:54 AM

I missed where it said the open beta would start 9/11... am I just overlooking something?
m
l
July 21, 2011 2:59:27 AM

It's on the Facebook page that OP linked. Scroll down until you see the picture that was uploaded yesterday at 7:59am. Click on it and it will say that in the description. I don't believe that is official though as in the FAQ released today, they stated that it will be in September but the exact date will be announced in the future.
m
l
July 21, 2011 3:04:21 AM

Gman450 said:
I usually play SP. Never have played MP in my life . LOL ! Maybe I'll try it out some day.

Wow, your a dieing breed my friend haha:) 
m
l
July 21, 2011 3:57:06 AM

Thanks for that link, I didn't see that video yet. All the videos seem to be getting removed (for obvious reasons), but I saw a couple other ones already a few hours ago. Makes me even more excited!
m
l
July 21, 2011 6:00:12 AM

A now know when I will get my new video card cheers.
m
l
July 21, 2011 9:07:55 AM

Sod the singleplayer, BF is a mulitplayer game. End of, and looking at this gave me a trouser crisis! I just wish they would release it on steam and that I could get earlier access to the game without buying the P.O.S game that is MOH.
m
l
July 21, 2011 11:49:39 AM

watta ya mean by this? you get early acces if you bought MOH?

and thanks for link. even on early state its looking amazing. no bunny hoppin BS

soldiesrs look and feel real, like they have weight! i wonder if the WHOLE world is destructible.
BFBC2 was decent but smaller when compared to BC2.

fully destructible but maps we fillled in the rights spots.
m
l
July 21, 2011 1:18:13 PM

Supposedly if you bought medal of honour, u got earlier access to the beta. Tried medal of honour thought it was pants, not sure how much earlier you get to have a go tho...
m
l
July 21, 2011 1:25:59 PM

bdizzle11 said:
Eww, those trees look like poo. Low settings is right.

Yep, low settings. They're Alpha version.
m
l
July 21, 2011 1:29:15 PM

Captainhero said:
Supposedly if you bought medal of honour, u got earlier access to the beta. Tried medal of honour thought it was pants, not sure how much earlier you get to have a go tho...

oh wao really. wonder if it says anything in the MoH splash screen or something.

i played/bought MoH. wasnt THAT bad of a game.
m
l
July 21, 2011 3:10:58 PM

Already saw that.
m
l
July 21, 2011 3:23:56 PM

whats really amazing is that all this is in low res lol. speaking of which. yall gotta get your "origin" accounts up. dont think steam and their ilk are allowed to sell EA stuff anymore
m
l
July 21, 2011 4:27:56 PM

Aha yeah Rivo, I said that to my friends when I linked them to the 12 minute trailer when it was released. I saw the very beginning of the trailer, paused it, and crapped my pants. Then I gave them the link so we could all watch it at the same time and said "Guys...look at this. THIS is the next generation of FPS."
m
l
July 21, 2011 4:29:47 PM

Also, the quality of the game during the alpha trial stage of development amazes me. I can't imagine what it will look like when it's released and polished.
m
l
July 21, 2011 7:20:44 PM

you all are like virgins before having sex just to find out its great but not god like you had thought.
m
l
July 21, 2011 7:25:10 PM

Hardly. Battlefield 3 will not disappoint.
m
l
July 21, 2011 7:48:03 PM

Lobodomy said:
Hardly. Battlefield 3 will not disappoint.

that is an ignorant statement. Everyone said that about Crysis 2 and now everyone is saying that about BF3 but i hope your right but people need to stop stirring the pot.
m
l
July 21, 2011 7:56:12 PM

cbrunnem said:
that is an ignorant statement. Everyone said that about Crysis 2 and now everyone is saying that about BF3 but i hope your right but people need to stop stirring the pot.

not sure why your so negative. its VERY HARD to see BF3 not doing well. ALL they'd really have to do at a VERY BARE MINIMUM is RECREATE BF2 EXACTLY as it is today, sprinkle in some BFBC2 as far as destructible environments, and they have an instant hit lol

and thats at a minimum.

and a game looking/playing at an alpha state like this.......i mean can you imagine.

its been a long time ive played a good shooter so me, i cant count the days!

id be hard pressed if they messed this up.
theyre coming to be number one and with unlimited $ that EA is throwing at it. i dont see them failing. its the only shot they have @ CoD series. so i cant really see them failing.

as far as SP goes.......who really plays these games SP. theyre meant to be MP.
crysis always been so-so with story so i wasnt expecting halo type involvement with it.
m
l
July 21, 2011 7:57:36 PM

I couldn't care less about how ignorant I am to think Battlefield 3 will be as amazing as many people are making it out to be. I believe it will not disappoint, and will stir the pot as much as I like. This is coming from someone who did not think the same thing of any of the recent shooters including Crysis 2, BFBC2, BO, MW2, etc. I did not have particularly high hopes for any one of those games.
m
l
July 22, 2011 6:30:51 AM

Guys we are all entitled to our own opinions:)  I think BF3 will set a new standard for FPS shooters, giving birth to a new quality of shooters.

Thats my 2 cents worth haha
m
l
July 22, 2011 6:56:27 AM

I agree. Just me $0.02 as well.
m
l
July 22, 2011 7:26:04 AM

But i have to admit EA/DICE arnt marketing this very well atm,
All they have to do it show more multiplayer and they have won.

They could of easily done this by showing some solid multiplayer at E3
but, hey what do i know right? im just a gamer.

Stupid EA lol
m
l
July 22, 2011 8:51:35 AM

This game will be completely epic but I would put money on the fact that EA will continue with their well implemented style of release.
Game goes live - woohoo, gogogogo, login login login, unable to connect WTF?
1 Week later a 1gb patch comes out to fix eveything.
Ok login, gogogogogogo, FFS still cant connect!
Arghhh.
2 Weeks later you finally get a decent game in, was it worth it? F**K yeah!
m
l
July 22, 2011 10:39:16 AM

Captainhero said:
This game will be completely epic but I would put money on the fact that EA will continue with their well implemented style of release.
Game goes live - woohoo, gogogogo, login login login, unable to connect WTF?
1 Week later a 1gb patch comes out to fix eveything.
Ok login, gogogogogogo, FFS still cant connect!
Arghhh.
2 Weeks later you finally get a decent game in, was it worth it? F**K yeah!

LMMFAO aahahaha true true.

And i do agree about the marketing though because activision has activated the hype machine since E3 lol...its EVERYwhere
m
l
July 22, 2011 2:40:12 PM

HEXiT said:
thats MW3 m8 not bf3

Are you trolling...? Or did you not look at the video and are just assuming by the title? :p 
m
l
July 22, 2011 4:41:25 PM

HEXiT said:
thats MW3 m8 not bf3

actually no its not, its BF3
m
l
July 22, 2011 9:29:46 PM

I have always liked the COD series over the BFBC series but have grown rather bored of COD as of late as it seems nothing new has been done except customization of classes...Hopefully BF3 will take the throne when it comes out. I will also still get MW3 but if they want me to put in good amounts of game time they better step it up a notch from previous versions. Looking forward to both!
m
l
July 23, 2011 12:08:34 AM

my best friend got into the bf3 alpha this morning says its pretty amazing, only runs in windowed mode apparently, only 3 graphical settings for the alpha (pretty standard) Low , med, high, says that the vehicles are pretty boss, says only gets to play 2 maps right now.
m
l
!