Map Problems With Brand New Morrowind Game

Tags:
  • Games
  • Microsoft
  • Xbox
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
October 26, 2004 10:30:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.elder-scrolls,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Hi all.

Here is the problem I'm having. I just purchased (Oct. 25th,
yesterday) the Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for my XBOX. The
XBOX was purchased in February of this year.

I'm already having the same problem with this game as I did with
the original, on an older system. The problem is this, wherever I walk
on foot in the Morrowind world becomes distorted on my world map. Its
distorted to the point of not being able to make out the features in
the area I've travelled by foot. Does anyone have any suggestions??
This is extremely annoying, especially considering that it happened
with my last XBOX system, with my first Morrowind game. But its still
doing it with the BRAND NEW game!

Well anyways, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

More about : map problems brand morrowind game

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 6:40:55 AM

Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Here is the problem I'm having. I just purchased (Oct. 25th,
> yesterday) the Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for my XBOX. The
> XBOX was purchased in February of this year.
>
> I'm already having the same problem with this game as I did with
> the original, on an older system. The problem is this, wherever I walk
> on foot in the Morrowind world becomes distorted on my world map. Its
> distorted to the point of not being able to make out the features in
> the area I've travelled by foot. Does anyone have any suggestions??
> This is extremely annoying, especially considering that it happened
> with my last XBOX system, with my first Morrowind game. But its still
> doing it with the BRAND NEW game!
>
> Well anyways, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks.

How do you mean distorted? if it has greeny/brown colour rectangles in a
line that is to show where you have walked ('Fog of war' lifted)

~Cameron
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 9:37:29 PM

Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message news:<clmubn$dgn$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk>...
> Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > Here is the problem I'm having. I just purchased (Oct. 25th,
> > yesterday) the Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for my XBOX. The
> > XBOX was purchased in February of this year.
> >
> > I'm already having the same problem with this game as I did with
> > the original, on an older system. The problem is this, wherever I walk
> > on foot in the Morrowind world becomes distorted on my world map. Its
> > distorted to the point of not being able to make out the features in
> > the area I've travelled by foot. Does anyone have any suggestions??
> > This is extremely annoying, especially considering that it happened
> > with my last XBOX system, with my first Morrowind game. But its still
> > doing it with the BRAND NEW game!
> >
> > Well anyways, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks.
>
> How do you mean distorted? if it has greeny/brown colour rectangles in a
> line that is to show where you have walked ('Fog of war' lifted)
>
> ~Cameron

Theres really no pattern to them, just blocks of distorted graphics
that pop up everywhere I walk. I know its not supposed to be like that
because it distorts the map to the point of making it unreadable. For
example, If I walk around the lake in NE Solsthein, it distorts the
map to the point of not being able to see the lake at all.
October 28, 2004 7:23:59 AM

Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
> Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message news:<clmubn$dgn$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk>...
>
>>Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all.
>>>
>>> Here is the problem I'm having. I just purchased (Oct. 25th,
>>>yesterday) the Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for my XBOX. The
>>>XBOX was purchased in February of this year.
>>>
>>> I'm already having the same problem with this game as I did with
>>>the original, on an older system. The problem is this, wherever I walk
>>>on foot in the Morrowind world becomes distorted on my world map. Its
>>>distorted to the point of not being able to make out the features in
>>>the area I've travelled by foot. Does anyone have any suggestions??
>>>This is extremely annoying, especially considering that it happened
>>>with my last XBOX system, with my first Morrowind game. But its still
>>>doing it with the BRAND NEW game!
>>>
>>> Well anyways, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>>Thanks.
>>
>>How do you mean distorted? if it has greeny/brown colour rectangles in a
>>line that is to show where you have walked ('Fog of war' lifted)
>>
>>~Cameron
>

> Theres really no pattern to them, just blocks of distorted graphics
> that pop up everywhere I walk. I know its not supposed to be like that
> because it distorts the map to the point of making it unreadable. For
> example, If I walk around the lake in NE Solsthein, it distorts the
> map to the point of not being able to see the lake at all.

Sounds like the 'fog of war' if it is everywhere you walk and it may be
Green/brown, Gray or numerous other colours to match the underlying
landscape. I think it is as the black denoting red mountain on my map is
all but gone as I have walked there, I don't believe there is a way to
toggle the fog of war on the xbox due to the lack of a console.

I have added a screen shot of my World Map in morrowind
http://www.eporcupine.co.uk/cam/mwmap.jpg

~Cameron
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 7:54:23 AM

"Aquatic DubMonkey" <rewindme@lunarmagazine.com> wrote in message
news:D 3924eb0.0410271637.110435ea@posting.google.com...
> Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message
> > Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
> > > Hi all.
> > >
> > > Here is the problem I'm having. I just purchased (Oct. 25th,
> > > yesterday) the Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for my XBOX. The
> > > XBOX was purchased in February of this year.
> > >
> > > I'm already having the same problem with this game as I did
with
> > > the original, on an older system. The problem is this, wherever I
walk
> > > on foot in the Morrowind world becomes distorted on my world map.
Its
> > > distorted to the point of not being able to make out the features
in
> > > the area I've travelled by foot. Does anyone have any
suggestions??
> > > This is extremely annoying, especially considering that it
happened
> > > with my last XBOX system, with my first Morrowind game. But its
still
> > > doing it with the BRAND NEW game!
> > >
> > > Well anyways, any help or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > How do you mean distorted? if it has greeny/brown colour rectangles
in a
> > line that is to show where you have walked ('Fog of war' lifted)
> >
> > ~Cameron
>

> Theres really no pattern to them, just blocks of distorted graphics
> that pop up everywhere I walk. I know its not supposed to be like that
> because it distorts the map to the point of making it unreadable. For
> example, If I walk around the lake in NE Solsthein, it distorts the
> map to the point of not being able to see the lake at all.

I'd give you ten to one that most of the blocks of distorted graphics
are in fact references to some feature. Like a tree, a rock, or
something similar, as seen from above in smaller scale.

Jonathan.
October 28, 2004 5:53:57 PM

> Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
> > Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message

> >>How do you mean distorted? if it has greeny/brown colour rectangles in a
> >>line that is to show where you have walked ('Fog of war' lifted)
> >>
> >>~Cameron
> >

> > Theres really no pattern to them, just blocks of distorted graphics
> > that pop up everywhere I walk. I know its not supposed to be like that
> > because it distorts the map to the point of making it unreadable. For
> > example, If I walk around the lake in NE Solsthein, it distorts the
> > map to the point of not being able to see the lake at all.
>
> Sounds like the 'fog of war' if it is everywhere you walk and it may be
> Green/brown, Gray or numerous other colours to match the underlying
> landscape. I think it is as the black denoting red mountain on my map is
> all but gone as I have walked there, I don't believe there is a way to
> toggle the fog of war on the xbox due to the lack of a console.
>
> I have added a screen shot of my World Map in morrowind
> http://www.eporcupine.co.uk/cam/mwmap.jpg
>

> ~Cameron

Hi, I'm just curious which mod etc that small island to the right of the
cursor in the screenshot of your map is from?

Cheers Dre
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 5:53:58 PM

Dre wrote:
> "Cameron" <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
>>
>>>Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message

>>> Theres really no pattern to them, just blocks of distorted graphics
>>>that pop up everywhere I walk. I know its not supposed to be like that
>>>because it distorts the map to the point of making it unreadable. For
>>>example, If I walk around the lake in NE Solsthein, it distorts the
>>>map to the point of not being able to see the lake at all.
>>
>>Sounds like the 'fog of war' if it is everywhere you walk and it may be
>>Green/brown, Gray or numerous other colours to match the underlying
>>landscape. I think it is as the black denoting red mountain on my map is
>>all but gone as I have walked there, I don't believe there is a way to
>>toggle the fog of war on the xbox due to the lack of a console.
>>
>>I have added a screen shot of my World Map in morrowind
>>http://www.eporcupine.co.uk/cam/mwmap.jpg
>>

>>~Cameron
>

> Hi, I'm just curious which mod etc that small island to the right of the
> cursor in the screenshot of your map is from?
>
> Cheers Dre

That is the location of Fort Firemoth, as added by the "Siege at
Firemoth" Plugin which can be found at.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_plugins.h...

~Cameron
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 7:26:04 PM

Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message news:<clpl8h$231$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk>...
> Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
> > Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message news:<clmubn$dgn$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk>...

> >>How do you mean distorted? if it has greeny/brown colour rectangles in a
> >>line that is to show where you have walked ('Fog of war' lifted)
> >>
> >>~Cameron
> >

> > Theres really no pattern to them, just blocks of distorted graphics
> > that pop up everywhere I walk. I know its not supposed to be like that
> > because it distorts the map to the point of making it unreadable. For
> > example, If I walk around the lake in NE Solsthein, it distorts the
> > map to the point of not being able to see the lake at all.
>
> Sounds like the 'fog of war' if it is everywhere you walk and it may be
> Green/brown, Gray or numerous other colours to match the underlying
> landscape. I think it is as the black denoting red mountain on my map is
> all but gone as I have walked there, I don't believe there is a way to
> toggle the fog of war on the xbox due to the lack of a console.
>
> I have added a screen shot of my World Map in morrowind
> http://www.eporcupine.co.uk/cam/mwmap.jpg
>

> ~Cameron

Sorry yall, after looking atyour JPEG I realised that my "problem" was
this fog of war thing. Thanks for the help guys.

graham
October 28, 2004 8:26:15 PM

> Dre wrote:
> > "Cameron" <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message

> >>Sounds like the 'fog of war' if it is everywhere you walk and it may be
> >>Green/brown, Gray or numerous other colours to match the underlying
> >>landscape. I think it is as the black denoting red mountain on my map is
> >>all but gone as I have walked there, I don't believe there is a way to
> >>toggle the fog of war on the xbox due to the lack of a console.
> >>
> >>I have added a screen shot of my World Map in morrowind
> >>http://www.eporcupine.co.uk/cam/mwmap.jpg
> >>

> >>~Cameron
> >

> > Hi, I'm just curious which mod etc that small island to the right of the
> > cursor in the screenshot of your map is from?
> >
> > Cheers Dre
> >

> That is the location of Fort Firemoth, as added by the "Siege at
> Firemoth" Plugin which can be found at.
>
> http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_plugins.h...
>
> ~Cameron

Awesome :)

Thanks again!

Cheers Dre
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 9:48:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind, microsoft.public.xbox.games, microsoft.public.xbox, alt.games.elder-scrolls, alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

For all of us cool-guys with modchips you can drop mods into your Xbox
version, which I find very satisfying.

Also, to be more on topic,

IF you have a modchip, Xbins has an "Elder Scrolls GOTY" fix available
on their FTP server, and it may be what you're looking for, but I offer
no guarantees.
Anonymous
October 29, 2004 9:48:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind, microsoft.public.xbox.games, microsoft.public.xbox, alt.games.elder-scrolls, alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

or never mind and I should concentrate on reading full threads.
!