Map Problems With Brand New Morrowind Game

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.elder-scrolls,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Hi all.

Here is the problem I'm having. I just purchased (Oct. 25th,
yesterday) the Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for my XBOX. The
XBOX was purchased in February of this year.

I'm already having the same problem with this game as I did with
the original, on an older system. The problem is this, wherever I walk
on foot in the Morrowind world becomes distorted on my world map. Its
distorted to the point of not being able to make out the features in
the area I've travelled by foot. Does anyone have any suggestions??
This is extremely annoying, especially considering that it happened
with my last XBOX system, with my first Morrowind game. But its still
doing it with the BRAND NEW game!

Well anyways, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
10 answers Last reply
More about problems brand morrowind game
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.elder-scrolls,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
    > Hi all.
    >
    > Here is the problem I'm having. I just purchased (Oct. 25th,
    > yesterday) the Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for my XBOX. The
    > XBOX was purchased in February of this year.
    >
    > I'm already having the same problem with this game as I did with
    > the original, on an older system. The problem is this, wherever I walk
    > on foot in the Morrowind world becomes distorted on my world map. Its
    > distorted to the point of not being able to make out the features in
    > the area I've travelled by foot. Does anyone have any suggestions??
    > This is extremely annoying, especially considering that it happened
    > with my last XBOX system, with my first Morrowind game. But its still
    > doing it with the BRAND NEW game!
    >
    > Well anyways, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thanks.

    How do you mean distorted? if it has greeny/brown colour rectangles in a
    line that is to show where you have walked ('Fog of war' lifted)

    ~Cameron
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.elder-scrolls,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message news:<clmubn$dgn$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk>...
    > Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
    > > Hi all.
    > >
    > > Here is the problem I'm having. I just purchased (Oct. 25th,
    > > yesterday) the Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for my XBOX. The
    > > XBOX was purchased in February of this year.
    > >
    > > I'm already having the same problem with this game as I did with
    > > the original, on an older system. The problem is this, wherever I walk
    > > on foot in the Morrowind world becomes distorted on my world map. Its
    > > distorted to the point of not being able to make out the features in
    > > the area I've travelled by foot. Does anyone have any suggestions??
    > > This is extremely annoying, especially considering that it happened
    > > with my last XBOX system, with my first Morrowind game. But its still
    > > doing it with the BRAND NEW game!
    > >
    > > Well anyways, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    > > Thanks.
    >
    > How do you mean distorted? if it has greeny/brown colour rectangles in a
    > line that is to show where you have walked ('Fog of war' lifted)
    >
    > ~Cameron

    Theres really no pattern to them, just blocks of distorted graphics
    that pop up everywhere I walk. I know its not supposed to be like that
    because it distorts the map to the point of making it unreadable. For
    example, If I walk around the lake in NE Solsthein, it distorts the
    map to the point of not being able to see the lake at all.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.elder-scrolls,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
    > Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message news:<clmubn$dgn$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk>...
    >
    >>Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi all.
    >>>
    >>> Here is the problem I'm having. I just purchased (Oct. 25th,
    >>>yesterday) the Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for my XBOX. The
    >>>XBOX was purchased in February of this year.
    >>>
    >>> I'm already having the same problem with this game as I did with
    >>>the original, on an older system. The problem is this, wherever I walk
    >>>on foot in the Morrowind world becomes distorted on my world map. Its
    >>>distorted to the point of not being able to make out the features in
    >>>the area I've travelled by foot. Does anyone have any suggestions??
    >>>This is extremely annoying, especially considering that it happened
    >>>with my last XBOX system, with my first Morrowind game. But its still
    >>>doing it with the BRAND NEW game!
    >>>
    >>> Well anyways, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    >>>Thanks.
    >>
    >>How do you mean distorted? if it has greeny/brown colour rectangles in a
    >>line that is to show where you have walked ('Fog of war' lifted)
    >>
    >>~Cameron
    >

    > Theres really no pattern to them, just blocks of distorted graphics
    > that pop up everywhere I walk. I know its not supposed to be like that
    > because it distorts the map to the point of making it unreadable. For
    > example, If I walk around the lake in NE Solsthein, it distorts the
    > map to the point of not being able to see the lake at all.

    Sounds like the 'fog of war' if it is everywhere you walk and it may be
    Green/brown, Gray or numerous other colours to match the underlying
    landscape. I think it is as the black denoting red mountain on my map is
    all but gone as I have walked there, I don't believe there is a way to
    toggle the fog of war on the xbox due to the lack of a console.

    I have added a screen shot of my World Map in morrowind
    http://www.eporcupine.co.uk/cam/mwmap.jpg

    ~Cameron
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.elder-scrolls,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Aquatic DubMonkey" <rewindme@lunarmagazine.com> wrote in message
    > Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
    > > > Hi all.
    > > >
    > > > Here is the problem I'm having. I just purchased (Oct. 25th,
    > > > yesterday) the Morrowind Game of the Year Edition for my XBOX. The
    > > > XBOX was purchased in February of this year.
    > > >
    > > > I'm already having the same problem with this game as I did
    with
    > > > the original, on an older system. The problem is this, wherever I
    walk
    > > > on foot in the Morrowind world becomes distorted on my world map.
    Its
    > > > distorted to the point of not being able to make out the features
    in
    > > > the area I've travelled by foot. Does anyone have any
    suggestions??
    > > > This is extremely annoying, especially considering that it
    happened
    > > > with my last XBOX system, with my first Morrowind game. But its
    still
    > > > doing it with the BRAND NEW game!
    > > >
    > > > Well anyways, any help or suggestions would be greatly
    appreciated.
    > > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > How do you mean distorted? if it has greeny/brown colour rectangles
    in a
    > > line that is to show where you have walked ('Fog of war' lifted)
    > >
    > > ~Cameron
    >

    > Theres really no pattern to them, just blocks of distorted graphics
    > that pop up everywhere I walk. I know its not supposed to be like that
    > because it distorts the map to the point of making it unreadable. For
    > example, If I walk around the lake in NE Solsthein, it distorts the
    > map to the point of not being able to see the lake at all.

    I'd give you ten to one that most of the blocks of distorted graphics
    are in fact references to some feature. Like a tree, a rock, or
    something similar, as seen from above in smaller scale.

    Jonathan.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.elder-scrolls,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
    > > Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message

    > >>How do you mean distorted? if it has greeny/brown colour rectangles in a
    > >>line that is to show where you have walked ('Fog of war' lifted)
    > >>
    > >>~Cameron
    > >

    > > Theres really no pattern to them, just blocks of distorted graphics
    > > that pop up everywhere I walk. I know its not supposed to be like that
    > > because it distorts the map to the point of making it unreadable. For
    > > example, If I walk around the lake in NE Solsthein, it distorts the
    > > map to the point of not being able to see the lake at all.
    >
    > Sounds like the 'fog of war' if it is everywhere you walk and it may be
    > Green/brown, Gray or numerous other colours to match the underlying
    > landscape. I think it is as the black denoting red mountain on my map is
    > all but gone as I have walked there, I don't believe there is a way to
    > toggle the fog of war on the xbox due to the lack of a console.
    >
    > I have added a screen shot of my World Map in morrowind
    > http://www.eporcupine.co.uk/cam/mwmap.jpg
    >

    > ~Cameron

    Hi, I'm just curious which mod etc that small island to the right of the
    cursor in the screenshot of your map is from?

    Cheers Dre
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.elder-scrolls,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Dre wrote:
    > "Cameron" <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message
    >
    >>Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
    >>
    >>>Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message

    >>> Theres really no pattern to them, just blocks of distorted graphics
    >>>that pop up everywhere I walk. I know its not supposed to be like that
    >>>because it distorts the map to the point of making it unreadable. For
    >>>example, If I walk around the lake in NE Solsthein, it distorts the
    >>>map to the point of not being able to see the lake at all.
    >>
    >>Sounds like the 'fog of war' if it is everywhere you walk and it may be
    >>Green/brown, Gray or numerous other colours to match the underlying
    >>landscape. I think it is as the black denoting red mountain on my map is
    >>all but gone as I have walked there, I don't believe there is a way to
    >>toggle the fog of war on the xbox due to the lack of a console.
    >>
    >>I have added a screen shot of my World Map in morrowind
    >>http://www.eporcupine.co.uk/cam/mwmap.jpg
    >>

    >>~Cameron
    >

    > Hi, I'm just curious which mod etc that small island to the right of the
    > cursor in the screenshot of your map is from?
    >
    > Cheers Dre

    That is the location of Fort Firemoth, as added by the "Siege at
    Firemoth" Plugin which can be found at.

    http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_plugins.htm

    ~Cameron
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.elder-scrolls,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message news:<clpl8h$231$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk>...
    > Aquatic DubMonkey wrote:
    > > Cameron <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message news:<clmubn$dgn$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk>...

    > >>How do you mean distorted? if it has greeny/brown colour rectangles in a
    > >>line that is to show where you have walked ('Fog of war' lifted)
    > >>
    > >>~Cameron
    > >

    > > Theres really no pattern to them, just blocks of distorted graphics
    > > that pop up everywhere I walk. I know its not supposed to be like that
    > > because it distorts the map to the point of making it unreadable. For
    > > example, If I walk around the lake in NE Solsthein, it distorts the
    > > map to the point of not being able to see the lake at all.
    >
    > Sounds like the 'fog of war' if it is everywhere you walk and it may be
    > Green/brown, Gray or numerous other colours to match the underlying
    > landscape. I think it is as the black denoting red mountain on my map is
    > all but gone as I have walked there, I don't believe there is a way to
    > toggle the fog of war on the xbox due to the lack of a console.
    >
    > I have added a screen shot of my World Map in morrowind
    > http://www.eporcupine.co.uk/cam/mwmap.jpg
    >

    > ~Cameron

    Sorry yall, after looking atyour JPEG I realised that my "problem" was
    this fog of war thing. Thanks for the help guys.

    graham
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,microsoft.public.xbox.games,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.games.elder-scrolls,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > Dre wrote:
    > > "Cameron" <cam@foo.bar.invalid> wrote in message

    > >>Sounds like the 'fog of war' if it is everywhere you walk and it may be
    > >>Green/brown, Gray or numerous other colours to match the underlying
    > >>landscape. I think it is as the black denoting red mountain on my map is
    > >>all but gone as I have walked there, I don't believe there is a way to
    > >>toggle the fog of war on the xbox due to the lack of a console.
    > >>
    > >>I have added a screen shot of my World Map in morrowind
    > >>http://www.eporcupine.co.uk/cam/mwmap.jpg
    > >>

    > >>~Cameron
    > >

    > > Hi, I'm just curious which mod etc that small island to the right of the
    > > cursor in the screenshot of your map is from?
    > >
    > > Cheers Dre
    > >

    > That is the location of Fort Firemoth, as added by the "Siege at
    > Firemoth" Plugin which can be found at.
    >
    > http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_plugins.htm
    >
    > ~Cameron

    Awesome :)

    Thanks again!

    Cheers Dre
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind, microsoft.public.xbox.games, microsoft.public.xbox, alt.games.elder-scrolls, alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    For all of us cool-guys with modchips you can drop mods into your Xbox
    version, which I find very satisfying.

    Also, to be more on topic,

    IF you have a modchip, Xbins has an "Elder Scrolls GOTY" fix available
    on their FTP server, and it may be what you're looking for, but I offer
    no guarantees.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind, microsoft.public.xbox.games, microsoft.public.xbox, alt.games.elder-scrolls, alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    or never mind and I should concentrate on reading full threads.

Games Microsoft Xbox Video Games