Sign in with
Your question

HOW TO CONNECT XBOX TO INTERNET WITH INERNET CARD

Last response: in Video Games
July 19, 2011 9:42:36 PM

Hello,
MY INTERNET IS ABOUT TO BE DISCONNECTED AND MY CHILDREN PLAY XBOX LIVE EVERYDAY! IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET INTERNET? FOR EXAMPLE LIKE CELL PHONE INTERNET, IS THERE LIKE A CARD THAT TELEPHONE COMPANIES HAVE
July 20, 2011 11:35:47 AM

You could always get them (all) weekend jobs so that they could pay for their own internet?

If they want it, and you can't provide it for whatever reason, right or wrong; they could go and get it themselves :) 

Anyways, if that's not an option then I really can't think of anything. The issue with these cell phone internetz is that they're slower than a normal home internet, and I imagine the ping will vary drastically, which may lead them to get kicked out of online games because of that fact (if it even worked at all.)

Good luck :) 

-Nih
m
l
August 6, 2011 3:55:14 PM

Or you could make your own ISP, or get games without XboxLIVE.
m
l
Related resources
September 24, 2011 11:30:51 AM

You can get an USB internet card. Put it in your laptop, Connect there xbox's to the laptop via ethernet cable, then bridge the connection to allow the xbox to use the connection the laptop is using, for a tutorial just type in youtube how to connect to xbox live through a laptop.
m
l
September 27, 2011 1:24:58 PM

I would think you are pretty much out of luck. Even if you did get one of those 4G hotspots you'll be paying a monthly fee similar to what it would cost for a lower end DSL connection. As mentioned above, with online gaming you need consistent speeds, and most hotspots just will not provide that.

Here is a decent article about one if you care to read it.
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/smartphones/money-to-b...
m
l
!