Sign in with
Your question

Gamebooster: Fact or Myth?

Last response: in Video Games
July 20, 2011 7:11:15 PM

I have been reading around and seen people professing to Gamebooster improving gaming experience substantially by reducing non important activity to nothing freeing up the valuable resources. Question is,.....Is this fact or fiction...? .....first hand experiences?

More about : gamebooster fact myth

a b 4 Gaming
July 20, 2011 10:22:18 PM

I haven't used it, but I looked at how it works in the past.

Basically here's the breakdown, if you are a noob PC user (pardon the cliche word, but that's the closest to what I wish to express) that doesn't know how to tune your system for minimal footprint to increase game performance, then yes. The gamebooster will probably give you good boost.

If you are an experienced user that knows how the hell PC/windows works and you know what each and every process in your task manager is for, you probably already have your system tuned to the max. So, using gamebooster in this case won't give you much profit.
a b 4 Gaming
July 20, 2011 10:40:31 PM

Thats crazy everyone knows red cars go faster.
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
July 21, 2011 12:10:59 AM

if you have a low end machine gamebooster can have a dramatic effect on your systems performance in games.. especialy if your at minimum requirments. it wont really help if your below minimum though. it cant majicaly turn a turd in to gold.
my bro inlaw had a penny d with a 98gt, he couldnt play cod4 without it lagging.
he used gamebooster and he found the lag had almost but not entirley gone.
if you have a mid to high end pc then forget gamebooster as your machine will be well capable of running the games you want to play smoothly.
but be carefull which booster you use and where you use them. some will set off punkbuster and it will ban you... sorry i cant remember which 1s. i know iobits gamebooster is PB, aon, vac and pbbans safe.
a b 4 Gaming
July 21, 2011 12:29:48 AM

Quote:
Thats crazy talk. We all know the "fart can" beats the color red.

But a 'fart' can on a red car...
July 21, 2011 5:26:42 AM

Mousemonkey said:
But a 'fart' can on a red car...

Now now, we're not talking about rockets here. :kaola: 
July 21, 2011 6:03:49 AM

Well I am not a believer in farsical things so I decided to demo the gamebooster and well my two current games F1 2010 and Crysis Warhead (haven't played) both ran exactly the same.

F1 2010 is maxed out and runs smooth, Crysis on Gamer also ran smooth.....can't really notice much,.....maybe I will give it a bash with Force Unleashed.

a b 4 Gaming
July 21, 2011 1:43:34 PM

sarinaide said:
Well I am not a believer in farsical things so I decided to demo the gamebooster and well my two current games F1 2010 and Crysis Warhead (haven't played) both ran exactly the same.

F1 2010 is maxed out and runs smooth, Crysis on Gamer also ran smooth.....can't really notice much,.....maybe I will give it a bash with Force Unleashed.

I don't understand, if you games were maxed and ran smooth before, what the heck do you expect to gain from game booster? You think it will magically give you +20% performance on your GPU or something?...

The software was meant of older or hardware challenged machines that have trouble running the game well as is, due to poorly tuned OS settings. All it does is turn some things off so there's a bit more system resources available to the game for use.

...Sometimes I just don't know which head people are thinking with, the one on their neck or some other one...
July 21, 2011 3:01:58 PM

just saw this post and would like your opinion, I like to play SC2 now and then but BNet likes to disconnect me from time to time and it does stutter now and then. I know that SC2 is CPU intense so I was able to OC my pc to 2.8 (from 2.6 on a stock cooler) Do you think performance might increase if I use this app?

specs:
AMD 9950 2.6 (OC to 2.8), 4gigs, GeForce 450 GTS, Win7

edit:
btw, I play a lot of L4D2 without lag so I don't believe its my network connection.
July 21, 2011 3:17:41 PM

I haven't done extensive research on this program, but from what I have read/can see it seems like it just closes down unncessary programs/services. I think any competent computer users will do this anyway, unless you have a high end machine where you could just leave everything running.

It's not like it overclocks your CPU/GPU/Memory... so if you are looking for a magical speed increase I doubt you will receive it.

jgiron.... further to my post I don't think it will help you much, or at all. Just check your task manager, and make sure to close anything that doesn't need to be on.
July 21, 2011 3:24:47 PM

I've used game booster. What it does is that, it closes any sorts of background applications and frees up your RAM. As Hexit said, if you have a low end gaming machine, then using this can really help. But for me, it didn't cause I don't have a lot of things running in the background while gaming. The software is also, free of any sorts of malware or virus. It's clean. So you can try it out if you want.
July 21, 2011 3:38:12 PM

@Jordor,
Thanks for you the info, I normally don't have anything running behind the scenes as well. Most of my work is done on a remote server or Vitrual Machine.
a b 4 Gaming
July 21, 2011 4:48:01 PM

jgiron said:
@Jordor,
Thanks for you the info, I normally don't have anything running behind the scenes as well. Most of my work is done on a remote server or Vitrual Machine.

as I said at the very start of this thread, if you know how to tune your own pc, you won't need gamebooster/won't see any significant improvement.
July 21, 2011 6:13:18 PM

Doesn't do anything radical, but it helps those who can't do it on their own.

Giggity.

-Nih
July 26, 2011 2:10:00 AM

I Have Core i7, GTX 560Ti 2GB GDDR5 with 3d, 27" 3D LED, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Two 1TB HDD's And All Three OS - XP, Vista & & 7 Ultimate loaded.

This Software works wonder, since it minimize loads on cpu as well gpu nearly 70%, so you can actually have full aa and texture and full shadows enabled game, and it does not suspends antivirus/ firewall at all, so you are fully protected as well....

I am Not Their Marketeer, But I Am Definitely satisfies with this tiny on disk space software... cheers, thumbs up
a b 4 Gaming
July 26, 2011 4:39:09 PM

it reduces your GPU load by 70%? so you're telling me that your GPU load while running windows is over 70%, ya ok...
July 27, 2011 5:52:47 AM

Aynone smell that? Smells like the excrement of a male gendered animal from the Bos primigenius genus?
July 27, 2011 11:58:29 AM

as it was said earlier..

the gamebooster program is only going to free up resources for people who dont know how (or dont know what is safe).

if there was anything else going on.. people with plenty of resources already would also see an improvement.
it doesnt add threads to the processes or anything like that.
a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2011 2:15:08 AM

i have used gamebooster, it helped slightly in freeing up more memory, but thats all it does. If a game is borderline playable due to a RAM limitation, then it may help. A better solution is to add more ram, its so cheap.
July 28, 2011 7:26:53 AM

I just tried it as a test, though I did not really notice any difference in game performance. I regard my attempts of using the software in the same light as not eating at the same resturant, trying something new.

Thanks for all the input though, some lending their experiences, others trolling and some going all Xena keyboard warrior.
July 31, 2011 11:30:50 PM

it didn't do much for me but if you have lots of uneccesary backround programmes it might do something
August 3, 2011 5:01:15 PM

It did wonders for me when playing BC2. I couldn't play 32 man servers do to lag even though my specs are up to par.
(Phenom II x4 945 3.3 OC/4gb ram 1600mhz/2x 5770 crossfire/750 PSU)
Started unchecking alot of Startup programs for my gameplay at no prevail. Overclocked my CPU which helped abit. But when i Gave Gamebooster a try....Saw that i had programs running n tha background that i didn't even know that was running....

It reduces tha lag dramatically when playing on populated servers consisting of more than 16 players due to tha closing of alot of programs running over time

Some might not notice a diff but i do....
August 5, 2011 9:15:22 AM

It made a differance on SW force unleashed.

C2Duo 6420
GTX 8800
4GB DDR2 6400
GA-P965

I guess it can make a difference, not drastic but significant enough to go from unplayable to very respectable.
November 17, 2013 1:29:38 PM

AntiZig said:
I haven't used it, but I looked at how it works in the past.

Basically here's the breakdown, if you are a noob PC user (pardon the cliche word, but that's the closest to what I wish to express) that doesn't know how to tune your system for minimal footprint to increase game performance, then yes.

First off i disagree.

simon12 said:
Thats crazy everyone knows red cars go faster.

Second this is false, It is actually Blue cars.

and third, concerning the first quote and the main question.

It works Wonders and with a little extra it makes your PC run like Ultimate.
what do i mean by this?
ive been using game booster for a while. my computer is an Acer aspire M5100 with Win7 4GB ram and an AMD 64x2 6000+ dual core.
so this guy can run things to a minimum most of the time.
The reason i say its not just for noobs?
Well it gets you into the game faster instead of having to tweak your system each time your gonna play and untweak when you need a normal running PC.
i keep recomending it cause i do feel it works.
running borderlands 2 on normal gives me choppy/blurry view
running borderlands 2 gives me a slightly less blurry view with no chop.
and the little extra i was talking about.
if you give your computer a flash drive for speed boost.
it lets your game play become awesome.
it runs fully optimized if you tweak the game booster settings right.
November 24, 2013 1:46:44 AM

Well, I downloaded it, and to be honest it was nothing but junk.
January 7, 2014 7:50:29 PM

If how have a very low specs computer yes. BE CAREFUL: some boosters could erase important files
!