Random Beeping

G

Hello,

What may be causing my system's "system speaker" to beeprandomly?

I installed a new ASUS motherboard and Athlon CPU on my system. My system works fine, except for a random and occasional "beep" that sounds every now and then. The beep occurs randomly from the moment the system begins boot up until I turn off the system.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

-Jose

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sounds like an alarm that sets off when CPU is overheating. What is its temp?

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

G

I haven't thought to check the temp. I have a Cooler Master fan and heat sink hooked up to it, so it may not be the heat. However, I will check the temperature when I get home and post it tonight.

G

The beep your hearing is definitely an alarm, and you can see what is setting it off by looking at your bios. Whatever is setting it off will be highlighted in RED. If it starts beeping while booting up, I doubt it is CPU temp, or any temp for the matter. It is most likely a voltage problem. What motherboard just out of curiosity, because a system I just built using a cusl2-c is getting a voltage warning as well.

G

The bios on my system does not have an alarm (according to my nephew, who was the one who helped me install the motherboard and processor). Also, the motherboard is an Asus K7M.

G

I don't know much about the K7M from Asus. I have to pass it on, but all new Asus motherboards have bios warnings.

G

I just read up on the K7M from Asus's website and it says that it does indeed have hardware monitoring capabilities. I am not sure if this is different from the monitoring that my A7M bios uses, but I can find out!! For now, just go into the bios after you hear the beeping and search the different sections for Hardware Monitoring, or something like that, and look for something in red. Hope that helps.

G

Thanks for the update. I will give it a shot when I get home.

I guess I won't have to respond to your earlier K7M/Asus question since U already looked it up.