Sign in with
Your question

The witcher 2, sparkle effect

Last response: in Video Games
July 22, 2011 6:17:53 PM

i think im having a problem with a sparkle effect in the witcher 2, does anyone know the answer, everytexture seems to sparkle, idk if this is normal but its not unbearable im just curious what it could be??
i first noticed this in vergen in the harpy quarry i would be in the shadow and my swords and sheathes would shine in a wierd way, they kinda sparkled then i looked at standing in the sunlight and it would be there but very slightly maybe 75 % less so im real curious now. i was wondering if having ultra up on alot of teh effects and having v sync off or ssao off would be the reason for this. the way it seemed to me is some graphics or shadows are turned way up but the application to give them the highest affect were turned off like vsync or ssao or uber sample?????
ps: dont know much about computers or grahpics so this is an uneducated guess

More about : witcher sparkle effect

July 22, 2011 11:30:42 PM

by " sparkle effect" are you talking about the tiny glitches that occur in geralt's hair, and other small spaces/edges throughout the game? if so then it is a normal thing for that game
m
l
July 23, 2011 5:46:18 AM

FlintIronStagg said:
by " sparkle effect" are you talking about the tiny glitches that occur in geralt's hair, and other small spaces/edges throughout the game? if so then it is a normal thing for that game

no i havent noticed that, he always has a cap on. im talking about how the swords, sheathes and clothes in general have a grainy sparkle to them looks pretty but it doesnt seem like if the developers were making this game and saw this they would agree thats how it should look, and ship the game out u know. it just doesnt seem real. its mainly in shadows that it looks like this. if i knew how to load a screenshot onto this website i would do it and show u
m
l
Related resources
July 23, 2011 12:13:18 PM

All you have to do is, when the sparkling effects come, then press 'Shift+Print Screen SysRq'. Then exit the game, or alt+tab out of the game. Then open paint. Next, press 'Shift+Insert'. You can see that the screen shot has been pasted. Next you should save it under a name. After that, go to 'imageshack.us'. Click on Browse, choose that screen shot, and then upload it. Once you've done that, right click, and click on 'View Image'. Copy and Paste the link in your post. Hope that helps. :) 
m
l
July 23, 2011 4:38:09 PM

Gman450 said:
All you have to do is, when the sparkling effects come, then press 'Shift+Print Screen SysRq'. Then exit the game, or alt+tab out of the game. Then open paint. Next, press 'Shift+Insert'. You can see that the screen shot has been pasted. Next you should save it under a name. After that, go to 'imageshack.us'. Click on Browse, choose that screen shot, and then upload it. Once you've done that, right click, and click on 'View Image'. Copy and Paste the link in your post. Hope that helps. :) 

thanks bud ill do this when i get the chance
m
l
!