Sign in with
Your question

Can I play NBA 2k11 with this computer spec?

Last response: in Video Games
July 22, 2011 7:17:14 PM

Help please. Can I play NBA 2k11 on this kind of specs:

Intel Core i5-2500k Unlocked Processor

500gb Hard Disk Drive

Asus P8H67 MotherBoard

4gb Memory

" WITHOUT A GRAPHICS CARD "

>> I want to know, only if I can play, in what video settings I must play on for I can play it normally?
>> If not, what would you suggest?

Replies would be a great help. Thanks Guys.

(The LED monitor, mouse, keyboard. Those things are already understood to be already there. Please don't be foolish looking or asking about where this peripherals are.)
July 22, 2011 7:31:38 PM

you should manage to get it to run, but your looking at minimum rez on medium or better gfx settings or you can go at higher rez but lower quality.... the intel hd 3000 isnt particularly powerfull, it is a good step above 945igp's but not really up to dedicated gfx spec.

Intel 3000 graphics solution ranks in front of the Geforce 320M and the HD 5470 from AMD.
m
l
July 22, 2011 9:42:26 PM

I would say you could run it, but the results might not be great.. As already mentioned the Intel 3000 graphics aren't top tier, and depending on what level of quality you are running at you could get very low FPS.

Were you planning on getting a video card at a later date? Just wondering why you would buy a system with an i5 2500k and not get a graphics card.
m
l
Related resources
July 23, 2011 5:41:23 PM

JordoR said:
I would say you could run it, but the results might not be great.. As already mentioned the Intel 3000 graphics aren't top tier, and depending on what level of quality you are running at you could get very low FPS.

Were you planning on getting a video card at a later date? Just wondering why you would buy a system with an i5 2500k and not get a graphics card.

Can I PLAY it smoothly? On what video settings I must be on? I really really badly wants to play this game. Oh BTW, Yup, You're right, I'm planning to buy gfx card sometime, 'coz I'm on a budget. ;) 

Actually, I'm confused, if I would go with an H67 chipset rather than an P67 chipset while having a core i5-2500"K" series. Could you please help me?

One more thing, THANKS! :) 
m
l
July 23, 2011 5:43:51 PM

HEXiT said:
you should manage to get it to run, but your looking at minimum rez on medium or better gfx settings or you can go at higher rez but lower quality.... the intel hd 3000 isnt particularly powerfull, it is a good step above 945igp's but not really up to dedicated gfx spec.

Intel 3000 graphics solution ranks in front of the Geforce 320M and the HD 5470 from AMD.

Thanks for the info. Can it afford to play it smoothly?
m
l
July 23, 2011 6:21:23 PM

wait he cant use intel hd 3000 graphics cause he has a p67 board?
m
l
!