Check my parts list

G

Well I'm a newbie and gonna take the nestea plunge.
Asus p4t mobo, 1.4Ghz Pent4, Maxtor fire ball plus ata/100 30gig hard drive, gainward geforce2 twinview vivo video card, 512 meg's pc800 rdram, yamaha crw2100ez cdrw, enlight en-72370az case with 340watt atx12v power supply and a sound blaster live sound card. Is this a graphics workstation??? If not....how bout different list....please!!!

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Well, the AMD camp would probably just say to go with the high powered flavors of their latest processor, but IMHO the difference would not be much noticeable in most situations. So I think you're probably barking up the right tree with that box.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

Gog

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
Looks like a fun spec, if you're seriously talking about use a graphics workstation have you considered going Multiprocessor or is that out of budget?

You may find a 761mp mobo, a couple of 1G Tbirds and 512 M DDR ram comes in at a similar price now that DDR ram has dropped in price. (I'm not an AMD purist they just have a slight edge at the moment - my works machine is a twin PIII 1G with a GF2 Ultra (couldn't budget for a real workstation graphics card))

What applications are you thinking about Max, or are you talking video editing ( I notice you're talking VIVO card).

Look at the size of that thing!