Old pc games worth playing

karanpal singh

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
I recently upgraded my pc.I have played newer games and surely have missed many great games.
Games that i have played are cod series black ops,gta4,bioshock2,fallout3, new vegas,borderlands,mass effect2,moh,AC series,crysis warhead,nfs games,fuel,split second,etc.
Please suggest any other good games.i like shooters, rpgs and racing games.

Mottamort

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Amnesia: Dark Descent, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, F.E.A.R. (not fear2 that was a crappy console port), Need For Speed SHIFT (altho you do mention you've played nfs games), Mafia 2.

Just a few off the top of my head :)

blubbey

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
Maybe Fallout 1 & 2, Diablo 2, Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (imo one of the best open ended RPG's of all time) if you like RTS's maybe Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Age of Empires 2. Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 1-2, Portal maybe (get the Orange Box, 5 games in one).

Ohhh. Quake Live. It's free - Google it. It's one of the best FPS experiences imo.

Psno1994

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
portal 2. it's not that old, but it's awesome.
Anything by Valve is worth playing, really.
If you want to get WAY old, go for Half-Life: Source :p

vainta

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Counter Strike 1.6!!! you can always play Half life 2. Just buy the Orange box comes with a 1 million games lol

I enjoyed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I & II.

Granted KOTOR II was a rushed game, LucasArts did not allow Obsidian Entertainment to complete the game with 3 acts instead of just 2 acts. LucasArts wanted the game to be out in time for Christmas 2005 instead of Spring 2006. It was a good, but crippled game. Had Obsidian been allowed to properly complete the game I sure it would have surpassed KOTOR I.

Some blast from the past a la 20th century are Baldur's Gate I & II and Fallout 1 & 2. Don't forget Half-Life as people have already mentioned. And I enjoyed Unreal 1.

One of my favorite strategy game was Master of Magic from 1994.

AtomicZ

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
I like Tom Clancy shooters. Rainbow 6 series. Vegas2 was cool. They require a little more strategy then run out in the open... spray the field on full auto.. get shot... repeat. ;)

sandeeptiwari

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
I Have Tried my Level Best To Score to Your Mark, But I Do Regret, If Its Not That Much-

Stronghold 2, Command & Conquer Series, Electronic Arts Cricket 2007, Quake 3,
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, Medal of Honor Pacific Assault, Just Cause, Conquest of the New World Deluxe Edition( u need to install DosBox-0.74 first)

skibicki

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Oddworld series
Myst
Deus Ex , and some mods - The Nameless Mod, Hotel Carlone, Redsun 2020
Sin & Sin Mission Pack
Half Life + expansions
Hitman: Agent 47
Hitman: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Contracts
Soldier of Fortune 1
Soldier of Fortune 2 multiplayer
Medal of Honor Allied Assault + Spearhead & Breakthrough
Gex Gecko games
Gunman Chronicles
Ghost Recon
Thief series
Grand Theft Auto 3 & Vice City

halflife 2 in fact the whole orangebox is a must have for any true gamer.
deus ex 1 looks old now but has a great story.
mass effect 1 and 2
fallout 3
witcher enhanced edition and witcher 2
there really is a lot of other games out that are worth playing and a lot of great suggestions listed in this topic...
sin, is the only game i havent played thats listed here so will be looking that up myself.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Definitely F.E.A.R.

I think this game's A.I. is still impressive today - especially for a game that came out in 2004. Half-Life 2 seems to get all the attention (it should get attention, it's a great game), but, to me, F.E.A.R was more engaging and fun to play, with vastly superior A.I. HL2 is artistically / graphically a little better, but the gun-play, player movement (you don't feel like you're floating in "dev mode" like you do in HL2), ability to lean, multiple melee moves, and the surprisingly un-gimmicky "reflex" mode IMO make it the better FPS of the two.

Buy them both, though - - they're cheap. ;)

DJRWolf

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
Get the Unreal Deal Pack on Steam. Has all Unreal games for only $40 and you can mod them all you want. Just a TON of mods for UT classic and UT2004.

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Baldurs Gate 2
Fallout 1&2
System Shock 2
Thief 1&2
Unreal
Doom 3

And This Game didn't get that good of reviews but If you have a good friend and can just talk *** and laugh Kane and Lynch Dead Men Is Pretty Fun But I Love it while Reviewers said it wasn't Very good.

AtomicZ

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011

Ha ha ha.. Mech Warrior 2 was awesome in it's time. Dropping. . . . .
I still have Mech 4.