Pro-rated month billing, even on an existing account, when..

I've known for a long time that if I start cellular service 3 days before my
billing cycle I only have
like 3% of the allotted minutes. Overage is expensive, so I always call to
find out what that date is.

I have a family plan (AC) and decided to add unlimited in-network calling to
our second line.
My plan comes with 400 peak minutes, billing cycle on the 7th, and the
change was made
on the 12th.

The way they bill this is one pro-rated billing cycle from the 7th to the
12th, then another
between the 13th and the 6th of the following month. Anyway, guess what, I
went
over my pro-rated minutes for the beginning of the month.

Anyway, this is something to be careful about. Maybe this has been
mentioned in
the past and I wasn't tuned in...

-Dan

--
Eugene, Oregon -- Pacific Northwest
http://cell.uoregon.edu

hotrod

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2003

The same thing just happened to me in October. I called customer service and
complained and they credited my account the $43 of overage charges with not
to much hassle

--
All Email Scanned and declared
Virus Free by Norton Systems 2005

material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in
intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the
sender and
delete the material from any computer.
"Dan Albrich" <junkmail@shaney.uoregon.edui> wrote in message
> I've known for a long time that if I start cellular service 3 days before
> my billing cycle I only have
> like 3% of the allotted minutes. Overage is expensive, so I always call
> to find out what that date is.
>
> I have a family plan (AC) and decided to add unlimited in-network calling
> to our second line.
> My plan comes with 400 peak minutes, billing cycle on the 7th, and the
> change was made
> on the 12th.
>
> The way they bill this is one pro-rated billing cycle from the 7th to the
> 12th, then another
> between the 13th and the 6th of the following month. Anyway, guess what,
> I went
> over my pro-rated minutes for the beginning of the month.
>
> Anyway, this is something to be careful about. Maybe this has been
> mentioned in
> the past and I wasn't tuned in...
>
> -Dan
>
> --
> Eugene, Oregon -- Pacific Northwest
> http://cell.uoregon.edu

"Dan Albrich" <junkmail@shaney.uoregon.edui> wrote in message
> I've known for a long time that if I start cellular service 3 days before
> my billing cycle I only have
> like 3% of the allotted minutes. Overage is expensive, so I always call
> to find out what that date is.
>
> I have a family plan (AC) and decided to add unlimited in-network calling
> to our second line.
> My plan comes with 400 peak minutes, billing cycle on the 7th, and the
> change was made
> on the 12th.
>
> The way they bill this is one pro-rated billing cycle from the 7th to the
> 12th, then another
> between the 13th and the 6th of the following month. Anyway, guess what,
> I went
> over my pro-rated minutes for the beginning of the month.
>
> Anyway, this is something to be careful about. Maybe this has been
> mentioned in
> the past and I wasn't tuned in...
>
> -Dan
>
> --
> Eugene, Oregon -- Pacific Northwest
> http://cell.uoregon.edu

A call to customer service can usually get those charges reversed...

Dougie

Thanks for the notes. I called customer service, and they did reverse the
overage
charge due to the pro-rated billing cycle. Turned out I exceeded my minutes
in general, and #646 didn't know it because of the change. Anyway, I
still needed to pay for those overages which seems fair.

-Dan