Sign in with
Your question

A7A266 Nearly Perfect!

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 30, 2001 8:19:37 PM

I have been keeping track. I have answered a few questions. Two guys need to update their BIOS. One needed to update his AGP driver. One needed a larger power supply. These so called "problems" are not due to the chipset, proving that the ALi MAGiK 1 is the most stable, compatable chipset you can get right now for your Athlon. So VIA supporters, when somebody ask about the A7A266, quit telling them all the garbage your spewing, you know I'm right!

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

More about : a7a266 perfect

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b ) Power supply
July 1, 2001 3:43:12 AM

okay.

i won't B.S. anyone anymore.

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b ) Power supply
July 1, 2001 10:45:47 AM

The culprit of many Asus A7A266 problems is it's DDR ram scheme. My System WILL NOT RUN with two DDR sticks, and is very unstable with one. The system runs great with PC133. This is a MAJOR flaw with this board, and all Asus has to say about it is 'update the BIOS'. Well my friends, a bios update later and still major problems with DDR ram.
Related resources
July 1, 2001 2:27:38 PM

hmmmm, i'm intending to get a new system, either another k7 master mobo (which i already had 1) or perhaps the aza266...
i'll be using them with ddr though, and i can't decide which to buy...
and now, having heard that the aza is not very compatible with ddr, i changed my mind...
i'll also be OC my system, so is the ddr problem with the aza true???

I WoNdEr HoW, I WoNdEr WhY, I WoNdEr WhErE ThEy ArE, ThE AMD... We OvErCloCked ToGeThEr, Oh YeAh...
a b V Motherboard
July 1, 2001 8:25:56 PM

Since reviewers have not had this problem, I can only assume that 1.) some motherboards are defective (this happens with all manufacturers, get a replacement), or 2.) they are fussy about what kind of DDR they use.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine
July 2, 2001 11:12:51 AM

I have recently put together a system using the same mother board and had no trouble at all. My system:

A7A266
256 DDR crucial
40 Gig Maxtor Hdd
GeForce2 Ultra
Teac 12X10X32 CD-RW

Install was very easy and really quite painless aside from the usuall updating drivers and such. Also flashed main board Bios to latest version 1.04 system running very stable for over a month now.

If it ain't broke don't fix it
July 2, 2001 9:41:37 PM

The only problem I had with my A7A was with the kind of memory I was using. Other than that I agree with Crashman that the Ali chipset on the A7A is very stable. And so far I have no complaints about my A7A.
July 2, 2001 10:16:03 PM

Hey, I'm the guy that needed to update the AGP driver! I agree with Crashman: So far the problems with my A7A have all been user related! :lol: 

My brain has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down
July 4, 2001 2:55:26 PM

I've just seen this board, read the customer reviews they had on it on newegg. This thing looks even more amazing. It's EPOX EP-8K7A with amd 760.

Sh!t Happens.
July 4, 2001 2:57:25 PM

Each one of them rated the MoBo 5 stars and worked "flawlessly" for him from the first boot. I'll look for Tom's review on this thing now.

Sh!t Happens.
July 4, 2001 6:08:50 PM

i agree. i am buying a A7A266

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>
July 4, 2001 6:41:32 PM

Sorry. I was actually talking about the EpoX EP-8K7A. I've never seen a product talked about so favourably like that. I couldn't find the EpoX review on Tomshardware.

Sh!t Happens.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b ) Power supply
July 4, 2001 8:27:26 PM

Where did you find your reviews sihs?
!