Final Fantasy Tactics tips please

timothy2180

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
I'm playing FFT for the first time and I cannot figure out how to teach other people "Combo". Only Marche knows it. I've learned how to "master" skills, and I realized that people generally only get skills from gear.

Is there a way they can keep skills without having the gear equipped?

And is there any reason to master a skill if you are not going to continue using the associated weapon?

Any other tips?

Thanks.

p.s. I would just scan GameFAQs but I'm in Afghan and cannot get to gaming websites. Thanks for the help. :)

p.p.s I read in the somethingawful forums(which are pretty sweet fyi) this
JP Boost should be the first skill you make every character learn.
How do I make the characters learn something?

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
you can only teach people skills that are part of there class

for example there are soldier skills and there are ninja skills

a ninja cant learn soldier skills and a soldier cant learn ninja skills

checkout ign,gamespot there will be some guides on these sites that explain it

(if they block it in africa you can use a proxy or if that dosnt work you can do a rdp (romote desktop protocall/ssh into a computer in uk or somewhere else) this should let you accses whatever you want on the internet)

one i knoe people ussed to use was hidemyass.com

timothy2180

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011

1. After they master the skills, do they keep them after they switch to a new weapon?

2. So if I change jobs, I lose the skills of the previous job?

Dekasav

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
If you Master a skill, you have it forever. Some skills can only be used with certain weapons, though, but most it doesn't matter what weapon you wield. And you don't necessarily lose skills when you change jobs, every job can Attack, Use its own skill (Fighters use Fight commands), use a selected skill (Any other job), and Item. To use Soldier skills while being the Fighter job, make sure when you change to 'equip' it.

Also, the number of skills you have mastered in various classes determines what jobs you can do. So a Sniper needs 2 Archer skills mastered to be a Sniper.