Max motherboard temp?

G

I use MBProbe to tell me my system and CPU temps and recently it popped up beeping about my system temp which was 105 degrees F. I opened my case and blew a fan on it to reduce the temp to 97, but my question is what temp is too high for a motherboard? Thanks.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I use MBProbe to tell me my system and CPU temps and recently it popped up beeping about my system temp which was 105 degrees F.
That's too high for mobo. Mine never higher than 92F/33C. Do you have any case fan?

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

G

Yes, I have a fan on the CPU and the power supply fan blowing out the back of my case. Right now it's about 90F/32C outside, so it's hard to keep the temps down.

G

with temps like that and no a/c in the computers room, you are going to have to work hard to keep that cool. 105 for a mobo is dangerous. could result in instability and damage to the board. an intake fan on the front would help.

ignore everything i say

G

you don't need to worry about your mobo temps as long as your cpu temp is ok.

its not like your mobo will overheat and fry before your cpu does.

<font color=blue>Your Mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take effect. Restart Now? [OK]</font color=blue>

claudia

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2008
dont worry, your temp mobo is normal.
i live in hot part of indonesia and now temp around 39 C, my temp mobo avg 50 an C, nothing happern with my mobo biostar 780 G with northbridge cooling chipcilla. my proc is AMD 9500.
i used fancase
1 X 12
1 X 14
1 X 8

cooler proc artctic freezer 64pro stay cool my proc AMD around 35 C.

you need worry if your temp proc greater than 60 C

regards
kunti claudia