Sign in with
Your question

FEDEX driver throws computer monitor-nice

Last response: in News & Leisure
December 24, 2011 10:52:19 PM

2 day old news, but if you haven't seen it yet. People wonder why there are so many DOA reviews on Newegg.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-vira...

Here's a UPS driver doing the same thing.

http://www.inquisitr.com/171759/ups-driver-throws-packa...
a b C Monitor
December 25, 2011 6:25:12 AM

It's no excuse, but delivery drivers have very tight scheduling.
December 25, 2011 12:55:24 PM

Yeah and they are paid very well and VERY good benefits.

There is absolutely NO excuse for throwing a computer monitor.

It ends up costing us the consumer because that's why you see so many DOA hdd's, power supplies and monitors.

Well now they are fired, good, how's Christmas without a job? haha
Related resources
December 25, 2011 11:54:00 PM

I would just give him a bit of trg about fragile goods.

December 27, 2011 10:45:32 AM

Actually there is a lot of room to debate just how well drivers are paid, especially FedEx considering the majority of their workforce is CONTRACTUAL. That's 1099, and no benefits. UPS is slightly different and employs both employees and contractors, afaik. However FedEx has faced investigation into their hiring practices and the way the employ their contractors because they force them to wear their attire, drive their branded vehicles and basically be a company representative, without getting any company representation and benefits.

This is in no way condoning them throwing my goods around. However I did not get anything DOA or broken and I ship both UPS and FedEx. Xmas went without a hitch.
December 27, 2011 11:53:36 AM

^^ That is only for FedEx Ground drivers. The purple and green logo with the word "Ground" udner the "Ex". FedEx and FedEx Ground are in esscense too separate entities. "Ground" packages are not routed through Memphis like all other FedEx overnight deliveries for instance.

I think the "Ground" drivers should get together and collectively bargain a contract with Mr. Davis. :) 
December 27, 2011 12:04:21 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
I think the "Ground" drivers should get together and collectively bargain a contract with Mr. Davis. :) 

They've been trying to for quite some time, and are thwarted every step of the way. Although I don't think we need another overly-entitled union. I think contracting to do a job should require Mr. Davis to lighten up and if he wants to enforce company rules on contract employees, he should hire them outright.
December 27, 2011 12:16:09 PM

There is no reason they can't "unoffically" bargain. It will require they get organized and with todays social media that shouldn't be to hard. If the "pool" of drivers out there agree on a contractual rate, unofficially, Mr. Davis will have no choice if he wants to keep his "Ground" business going.

Hell, they could probably get it done through Twitter alone! :) 
December 27, 2011 3:14:14 PM

I think FEDEX should buy or merge with the post office, They could straighten it out and make it profitable again and bail our government out at the same time.
December 27, 2011 7:19:35 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
There is no reason they can't "unoffically" bargain. It will require they get organized and with todays social media that shouldn't be to hard. If the "pool" of drivers out there agree on a contractual rate, unofficially, Mr. Davis will have no choice if he wants to keep his "Ground" business going.

Hell, they could probably get it done through Twitter alone! :) 

I actually agree there, and ironically I actually disagreed with "official" collective bargaining... When did we switch places? :pt1cable: 

geekapproved said:
I think FEDEX should buy or merge with the post office, They could straighten it out and make it profitable again and bail our government out at the same time.

Well, then all of rural America would no longer receive mail. It's as simple as that.
December 27, 2011 7:41:16 PM

Hey, i'm not anti union i'm just anti public employee unions because they are bargaining against the tax payer, not some private business or corporation.
a b C Monitor
December 28, 2011 12:29:07 PM

Might be a dead pixel or two on those units!
December 28, 2011 3:20:41 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
Hey, i'm not anti union i'm just anti public employee unions because they are bargaining against the tax payer, not some private business or corporation.

Luckily your not in charge here or you would be voted out by our union members.

Nurses, teachers, public officers of all areas.

Spend a night in hospital or send your kids to school without these people eh ?

If public service is not recognised as an important part of a society nobody will want those jobs.

Then you will end up with third world hospitals and schools ... wait ... you already have those now.

Enjoy ...
December 28, 2011 5:28:44 PM

^^ That's just funny! LOLs

I will not grace your absurdity with a response. Third world hospitals indeed......LOLz
December 29, 2011 9:24:27 AM

We don't even recognise US trained Doctors here ... they have to do additional training before getting a license.

Mind you they are experts on treating gubshot wounds ... thats a different story though.

We are busy providing training and assistance to the US medical system.

http://www.hwa.gov.au/links/usa
December 29, 2011 11:40:16 AM

Yes, that's why doctors from all over the world come to train at US medical centers, because they are "third world". Makes sense..... :sarcastic: 
December 29, 2011 3:37:35 PM

Reynod said:
We don't even recognise US trained Doctors here ... they have to do additional training before getting a license.

Mind you they are experts on treating gubshot wounds ... thats a different story though.

We are busy providing training and assistance to the US medical system.

http://www.hwa.gov.au/links/usa

American doctors go through a training course.

It's called union membership 101.
!