FEDEX driver throws computer monitor-nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and they are paid very well and VERY good benefits.

There is absolutely NO excuse for throwing a computer monitor.

It ends up costing us the consumer because that's why you see so many DOA hdd's, power supplies and monitors.

Well now they are fired, good, how's Christmas without a job? haha

l0ckd0wn

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Actually there is a lot of room to debate just how well drivers are paid, especially FedEx considering the majority of their workforce is CONTRACTUAL. That's 1099, and no benefits. UPS is slightly different and employs both employees and contractors, afaik. However FedEx has faced investigation into their hiring practices and the way the employ their contractors because they force them to wear their attire, drive their branded vehicles and basically be a company representative, without getting any company representation and benefits.

This is in no way condoning them throwing my goods around. However I did not get anything DOA or broken and I ship both UPS and FedEx. Xmas went without a hitch.

l0ckd0wn

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

They've been trying to for quite some time, and are thwarted every step of the way. Although I don't think we need another overly-entitled union. I think contracting to do a job should require Mr. Davis to lighten up and if he wants to enforce company rules on contract employees, he should hire them outright.

l0ckd0wn

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

I actually agree there, and ironically I actually disagreed with "official" collective bargaining... When did we switch places? :pt1cable:

Well, then all of rural America would no longer receive mail. It's as simple as that.

Luckily your not in charge here or you would be voted out by our union members.

Nurses, teachers, public officers of all areas.

Spend a night in hospital or send your kids to school without these people eh ?

If public service is not recognised as an important part of a society nobody will want those jobs.

Then you will end up with third world hospitals and schools ... wait ... you already have those now.

Enjoy ...

amdfangirl

Expert
Ambassador

American doctors go through a training course.

It's called union membership 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.