Help w/LG VX-6100 and text messages

Well I finally picked up my NE2 VX-6100 to replace my Startac 7868. The
6100 has some nice features and inner display. I reviewed the manual
and have yet to figure out how to automatically view the next (or
previous) received email message to the phone. It looks like I have to
save or delete the message before advancing to the next. My 7868 allowed
me to easily switch among received messages without having to save or
delete per message before going to the next. If I am reading a message,
I want to just jump to the next or previous message on-the-spot.

Can this be done?

Thanks.

Scott
3 answers Last reply
More about help 6100 text messages

    scott@mit.edu (Scott Ehrlich) wrote in message news:<4192c128$0$561$b45e6eb0@senator-bedfellow.mit.edu>...
    > Well I finally picked up my NE2 VX-6100 to replace my Startac 7868. The
    > 6100 has some nice features and inner display. I reviewed the manual
    > and have yet to figure out how to automatically view the next (or
    > previous) received email message to the phone. It looks like I have to
    > save or delete the message before advancing to the next. My 7868 allowed
    > me to easily switch among received messages without having to save or
    > delete per message before going to the next. If I am reading a message,
    > I want to just jump to the next or previous message on-the-spot.
    >
    > Can this be done?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Scott\

    No. Once you are in the message, hit the CLR button to goback one
    step, then down to the next message. Thats the only way.

    In article <24be5ccc.0411111513.775e4613@posting.google.com>,
    Buzzzz <ephedralover@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >scott@mit.edu (Scott Ehrlich) wrote in message news:<4192c128$0$561$b45e6eb0@senator-bedfellow.mit.edu>...
    >> Well I finally picked up my NE2 VX-6100 to replace my Startac 7868. The
    >> 6100 has some nice features and inner display. I reviewed the manual
    >> and have yet to figure out how to automatically view the next (or
    >> previous) received email message to the phone. It looks like I have to
    >> save or delete the message before advancing to the next. My 7868 allowed
    >> me to easily switch among received messages without having to save or
    >> delete per message before going to the next. If I am reading a message,
    >> I want to just jump to the next or previous message on-the-spot.
    >>
    >> Can this be done?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> Scott\
    >

    >No. Once you are in the message, hit the CLR button to goback one
    >step, then down to the next message. Thats the only way.

    I did eventually learn, but thanks ;-)

    The next question I have is when receiving an email to the phone, there is
    a popup window asking if I want to read the message now or ignore - for
    _every_ message. I'd love to just disable this popup and let incoming
    messages come in the background.

    Is it possible to disable the popup?

    Thanks.

    Scott

    scott@mit.edu (Scott Ehrlich) wrote in message news:<41942f25$0$573$b45e6eb0@senator-bedfellow.mit.edu>...
    > In article <24be5ccc.0411111513.775e4613@posting.google.com>,
    > Buzzzz <ephedralover@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >scott@mit.edu (Scott Ehrlich) wrote in message news:<4192c128$0$561$b45e6eb0@senator-bedfellow.mit.edu>...
    > >> Well I finally picked up my NE2 VX-6100 to replace my Startac 7868. The
    > >> 6100 has some nice features and inner display. I reviewed the manual
    > >> and have yet to figure out how to automatically view the next (or
    > >> previous) received email message to the phone. It looks like I have to
    > >> save or delete the message before advancing to the next. My 7868 allowed
    > >> me to easily switch among received messages without having to save or
    > >> delete per message before going to the next. If I am reading a message,
    > >> I want to just jump to the next or previous message on-the-spot.
    > >>
    > >> Can this be done?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks.
    > >>
    > >> Scott\
    > >

    > >No. Once you are in the message, hit the CLR button to goback one
    > >step, then down to the next message. Thats the only way.
    >

    > I did eventually learn, but thanks ;-)
    >
    > The next question I have is when receiving an email to the phone, there is
    > a popup window asking if I want to read the message now or ignore - for
    > _every_ message. I'd love to just disable this popup and let incoming
    > messages come in the background.
    >
    > Is it possible to disable the popup?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Scott

    Not sure you can do that either. Even all the Nokias I have owned
    would show up on the front as 1 message received, 2 messages received,
    etc. etc.

    There is however an auto view, which will display the text message
    when you open the face. But thats prob. not what you want. I guess you
    just have to hit ignore or clear again.

Verizon Internet Service Providers