Your question

Can I run it?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
July 25, 2011 7:44:48 AM

This is a question I'm sure has been asked a billion times before. I would like to know if I can run Crysis. My system specs are:
Phenom II X4 @3.6ghz
4 gigs DDR3 ram
Radeon 6950 @ 870/1325

I want to know if I can run the game at 30 fps average, and maybe with some modding.
Also, another game i'd like to know about is Stalker: Call of Pripyat. How well could I run that on my system?

More about : run

July 25, 2011 9:41:25 AM

Your rig should manage both games just fine! Your CPU and GPU are pretty solid so I don't see any reason why you can't run them on highest settings. As for the modding, certain mods may give you lower frames, but overall you should be fine!
m
l
July 25, 2011 9:49:04 AM

Well, I just played the Crysis demo and I have to say I was...
Unimpressed. A lot of the textures were very, to put it bluntly, sexy, but the foliage(aka, like 80% of the game world) was...lacking to say the least. Most definitaly not worth the framerate(around 30, down to mid 20's).
Is the full version of Crysis better looking?
And what about STALKER, how does that game compare?
m
l
Related resources
July 25, 2011 9:49:08 AM

I'm running the same spec but DDR2 ram and Crysis runs without a problem as does high res DX11 Crysis 2 and everything else I throw at it.

Bear in mind Crysis 1 is old! Came out 2007!!
m
l
July 25, 2011 9:59:14 AM

Yeah, I know, but I just hear all this crap about it looking better than even Crysis 2, which is undeniably a pretty game. Maybe, if I get it, I'll just download a massive amount of mods; I know those will boost the realism.
m
l
July 25, 2011 11:12:50 AM

Crysis 1 is still popular more as a benchmark than anything else. Whether or not it's better looking that Crysis 2 is purely subjective, so take opinions with a pinch of salt. You're probably expecting a bit much to be blown away by the visuals in a 4-year old game. Instead, be blown away if your machine can run it smoothly, which is still not 100% a given. :) 
m
l
July 25, 2011 3:23:58 PM

KingOtaku said:
Yeah, I know, but I just hear all this crap about it looking better than even Crysis 2, which is undeniably a pretty game. Maybe, if I get it, I'll just download a massive amount of mods; I know those will boost the realism.

You bet,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ4hxtxK3DI&feature=rela...
Crysis came out on 2007, the game was virtually unplayable without mdos. After you install this mod though, you'll want to take back on what you said.
m
l
July 25, 2011 7:44:38 PM

I know, I've been viewing all the amazing mods the game has for it. I think if I bought the game, I'd be able to pull a decent 30fps at max settings, with a 1600X900 resolution(thats as high as my monitor goes). But from anyone thats had experiance with Crysis; do the mods slow it down, or maybe even speed it up?
m
l
July 26, 2011 7:14:21 AM

KingOtaku said:
I know, I've been viewing all the amazing mods the game has for it. I think if I bought the game, I'd be able to pull a decent 30fps at max settings, with a 1600X900 resolution(thats as high as my monitor goes). But from anyone thats had experiance with Crysis; do the mods slow it down, or maybe even speed it up?

some mods slow it down, some others do nothign.
m
l
July 26, 2011 9:55:51 AM

And since it was just a demo, would the real game run smoother?
m
l
July 26, 2011 11:08:07 AM

There was some people who got better FPS with the demo and some with the full version. Also, some of the mods would decrease your FPS.
m
l
July 26, 2011 1:43:15 PM

Stalker has worse Graphix than Crysis but you're comparing apples to oranges if you try to compare them. I own both games and after playing Stalker I was disappointed in how the graphics ruined the game for me (I was looking forward the RPG FPS).
Crysis is much better.
m
l
July 26, 2011 1:44:15 PM

stalker wasnt much of a game imo anyway. the graphics werent very good, the gunplay was horrible, and the missions were less than interesting
m
l
July 27, 2011 5:05:56 AM

Yeah, but Crysis is all hyped up for it's graphics and how hard it is to run, but is the gameplay worth it?
m
l
July 27, 2011 5:44:29 AM

Mind you the demo for crysis 2, Is directx 9. NOT to mistaken for the full game with directx 11. Which in my opinion is the best looking game out there.
m
l
July 28, 2011 2:20:02 AM

I meant the demo for the first crysis.
m
l
July 28, 2011 10:55:54 AM

KingOtaku said:
Yeah, but Crysis is all hyped up for it's graphics and how hard it is to run, but is the gameplay worth it?

Even though Crysis was hard to run and the graphics were mindblowingly real, the gameplay is a GOOD one. I've never played a FPS game like Crysis. The story line isn't that bad and the game play is superb. Really, it's one of the best games of the decade.
m
l
July 28, 2011 12:09:32 PM

The original Crysis and Crysis Warhead have great replay value, and the reason for that is the gameplay more than the story line coupled with the vast environment, graphics, destructibility and tactical options. Definitely one of the most brilliant games ever!
m
l