Where can I find . . .

Where can I find the changes/fixes that a software upgrade contain?

I had my LG VX7000 software upgraded today from T70VZV03 to T70VZV08
but I can't find anywhere what changes/fixes were made with the
upgrade.

The VZ tech that did the upgrade told me he has no documentation on
it. I tried LG but they do not have anything to do with the software,
it is designed by VZW. I checked Howard Forums, Wireless Advisor
Forum, no info.

I also tried "Verizon Wireless Info" (not a VZW run page) web page
http://www.vzwinfo.com/index.php but they just verify that there is a
software upgrade available.

Anyone know if documentation on the software upgrade is available
anywhere or maybe someone knows what changes are made/added/fixed?

Thanks in advance for any replies!
4 answers Last reply
More about where find

    cyclops <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message news:<c6n5p0t0j7leknt7dcm274ns115rptioe9@4ax.com>...
    > Where can I find the changes/fixes that a software upgrade contain?
    >
    > I had my LG VX7000 software upgraded today from T70VZV03 to T70VZV08
    > but I can't find anywhere what changes/fixes were made with the
    > upgrade.
    >
    > The VZ tech that did the upgrade told me he has no documentation on
    > it. I tried LG but they do not have anything to do with the software,
    > it is designed by VZW. I checked Howard Forums, Wireless Advisor
    > Forum, no info.
    >

    > Anyone know if documentation on the software upgrade is available
    > anywhere or maybe someone knows what changes are made/added/fixed?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any replies!

    Good Luck. I use to get a verbal synopsis of the documentation from an
    in store higher up. There are bulletins for this somewhere, likely
    advanced techs, who never talk to customers. Most employees don't seen
    to have access.

    IIRC, Sprintusers.com had a sw version section? SPCS centric though,
    but I now exactly what you are looking for. A number of specific model
    users would track the sw versions and the fixes (and re-fixs). Don't
    see much sw tracking.

    Maybe with very popular or buggy phones like the Mot V710.
    Might look in the HowardForums LG section and see what users noticed
    got fixed...or broke, after a sw update.
    Maybe...
    CellPhoneHacks.com

    In general, I like to buy a handset after the first sw update, but not
    too soon, since fixes are known to introduce brand new problems.
    Sometimes VZW downgrades and tosses the new unstable sw.

    -
    Good luck,
    David
    http://www.cellphonehacks.com

    On 11 Nov 2004 01:09:47 -0800, davidlind@my-deja.com (David L) wrote:

    >cyclops <replyingroup@invalid.com> wrote in message news:<c6n5p0t0j7leknt7dcm274ns115rptioe9@4ax.com>...
    >> Where can I find the changes/fixes that a software upgrade contain?
    >>
    >> I had my LG VX7000 software upgraded today from T70VZV03 to T70VZV08
    >> but I can't find anywhere what changes/fixes were made with the
    >> upgrade.
    >>
    >> The VZ tech that did the upgrade told me he has no documentation on
    >> it. I tried LG but they do not have anything to do with the software,
    >> it is designed by VZW. I checked Howard Forums, Wireless Advisor
    >> Forum, no info.
    >>

    >> Anyone know if documentation on the software upgrade is available
    >> anywhere or maybe someone knows what changes are made/added/fixed?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any replies!
    >
    >Good Luck. I use to get a verbal synopsis of the documentation from an
    >in store higher up. There are bulletins for this somewhere, likely
    >advanced techs, who never talk to customers. Most employees don't seen
    >to have access.
    >
    >IIRC, Sprintusers.com had a sw version section? SPCS centric though,
    >but I now exactly what you are looking for. A number of specific model
    >users would track the sw versions and the fixes (and re-fixs). Don't
    >see much sw tracking.
    >
    >Maybe with very popular or buggy phones like the Mot V710.
    >Might look in the HowardForums LG section and see what users noticed
    >got fixed...or broke, after a sw update.
    >Maybe...
    >CellPhoneHacks.com
    >
    >In general, I like to buy a handset after the first sw update, but not
    >too soon, since fixes are known to introduce brand new problems.
    >Sometimes VZW downgrades and tosses the new unstable sw.
    >
    >-
    >Good luck,
    >David
    >http://www.cellphonehacks.com

    Thanks for the reply. I just got this reply from asking this same
    question through the VZW web page:

    quote
    The software update is used to update your phone's Preferred Roaming
    List (PRL). As Verizon Wireless continues to expand, this list is
    updated, allowing you to benefit from our advanced network. It also,
    updates the phones features, such as Get IT Now to include any new
    applications.
    /quote

    I gave them the same information that I asked in the post with
    software versions and all and this is the reply.

    I give up!

    > I gave them the same information that I asked in the post with
    > software versions and all and this is the reply.
    >
    > I give up!

    Here ya go.

    KC

    (04) Audio Tests - Basically they turned down the master volume because some
    things were too loud.
    (05) Camera - Changed default resolution to 640x480
    Changed default shutter sound to Shutter1
    Fixed problem with recieving video messages
    PST DLL - Added option to controll Ringer Offset Gain thru the PST tools
    Online FLIX album - Added option to upload FLIX to online album.
    PST DLL - fixed problem with dll having wrong boot loader
    (06) PST DLL - Removed unnecessary popup window when upgrading from earlier
    versions
    (07) PST DLL - upgraded again for new bootloader
    Bug fix - Fixed bug on Save as draft for SMS
    Bug fix - Fixed bug with voice recording while editing MMS message
    (08) Delay in answering calls - fixed delay of 1-2 seconds when answering a
    call by opening flim, reduced delay to 200ms
    Intermittent reset problem - Identified and fixed a problem where SMS
    notification of new voice mail would cause phone to power cycle.

    On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:45:55 GMT, "_KC_" <kc@kc.com> wrote:

    >> I gave them the same information that I asked in the post with
    >> software versions and all and this is the reply.
    >>
    >> I give up!
    >>

    >Here ya go.
    >

    >KC
    >

    >(04) Audio Tests - Basically they turned down the master volume because some
    >things were too loud.
    >(05) Camera - Changed default resolution to 640x480
    >Changed default shutter sound to Shutter1
    >Fixed problem with recieving video messages
    >PST DLL - Added option to controll Ringer Offset Gain thru the PST tools
    >Online FLIX album - Added option to upload FLIX to online album.
    >PST DLL - fixed problem with dll having wrong boot loader
    >(06) PST DLL - Removed unnecessary popup window when upgrading from earlier
    >versions
    >(07) PST DLL - upgraded again for new bootloader
    >Bug fix - Fixed bug on Save as draft for SMS
    >Bug fix - Fixed bug with voice recording while editing MMS message
    >(08) Delay in answering calls - fixed delay of 1-2 seconds when answering a
    >call by opening flim, reduced delay to 200ms
    >Intermittent reset problem - Identified and fixed a problem where SMS
    >notification of new voice mail would cause phone to power cycle.

    Thank you very much KC. I knew there was someone out there would be
    kind enough to post it :-)

Verizon Software Internet Service Providers