New Tower 15ft Off HWY 13 Berkeley/Oakland?

Anyone catch site of this new tower, on the outside ramp bend, just
before the southern most portion of Highway 13 connects to 580 in
Oakland? What's strange is this thing looks like ~15' and a few feet
above eye level from the connector ramp.
Should get a chance to examine this tower very closely, when the ramp
backs up around 5PM. It flew by today, so I'm not sure of specifics
and sectoring. The panels were very long, looked like ~3 feet.
Would that be an 800mhz tower. Anyone know the carrier? Doesn't it
seem strange to located a tower so close to cars?

-
David

How new? I saw a new one inside that interchange more than a year ago
and it was Nextel. I was on the exit road to/from Mountain Blvd, so I
could pull over east of 13, then walk back and go thru a hole in the
fence on the south side of the road to look at it.

--
Frank Harris in San Francisco

Not sure how new. Sounds like the same one. Guess it could be a year
old and I didn't notice it.
It's not a normal place I space out and look off the road. Usually I
worry about getting rear ended there, due to the back up around the
bend, getting on I580 and everyone going 70mph down the Hwy 13 grade.
I'll have to go check it out on foot, good idea.
It's just unusual to see the tower panels near eye level.

-
David