Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Battlefield 2 Bad company freezing issue

Last response: in Video Games
July 25, 2011 7:48:36 PM

So I just started playing BF2BC online after beating the single player mode. And I can rarely make it through a full game without my PC just locking up to were ctr+alt+del wont even work. I do have my GPU overclocked very high but I set it back to stock specs and this problem still happens. My CPU is overclocked as well but passes prime 95 and this does not happen in any other games :( . Is this a known issue or does anybody think they might know whats causing this and how to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help :) 

SYS Specs:

Phenom II X4 965 OC to 3.9 GHz
6 GB of ram
MIS Twin Frozer 2 6950
win 7
biostar ta890 gfx? lol

Best solution

August 9, 2011 5:40:22 AM

cburke82 said:
So I just started playing BF2BC online after beating the single player mode. And I can rarely make it through a full game without my PC just locking up to were ctr+alt+del wont even work. I do have my GPU overclocked very high but I set it back to stock specs and this problem still happens. My CPU is overclocked as well but passes prime 95 and this does not happen in any other games :( . Is this a known issue or does anybody think they might know whats causing this and how to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help :) 

SYS Specs:

Phenom II X4 965 OC to 3.9 GHz
6 GB of ram
MIS Twin Frozer 2 6950
win 7
biostar ta890 gfx? lol

Are you running afterburner? I found that turning off afterburner fixed it for me. I have the same card. and a 1090t. there is some issue with CCC and Afterburner when running bc2. I don't have the issue with left4dead 2 or any other games.
Related resources
August 9, 2011 5:40:36 PM

biggmark97 said:
Are you running afterburner? I found that turning off afterburner fixed it for me. I have the same card. and a 1090t. there is some issue with CCC and Afterburner when running bc2. I don't have the issue with left4dead 2 or any other games.

thanks ill give it a shot
m
l
August 9, 2011 5:40:44 PM

Best answer selected by cburke82.
m
l
!