Hmm which mobo should I pick?

G

I need something stable with ddr capabilities that can hold an Athlon chip. Something that doesn't cost a lot would be an advantage too =P. Must have an AGP slot and a few PCI slots.
ty

G

I am looking for several Athlon mobos. First off, I am looking for the best bang for the buck one out there. I am also looking for the best with integrated sound (my guess was the Iwill KK-266). Finally, I am looking for the best with integrated sound AND video, currently available (my guess was the Soltek SL-75MIV, the integrated video motherboard MUST have an AGP slot). I don't really care either way about DDR ram versus SDR ram, but stability and overclocking capability are paramount.

Anybody have opinions on which boards and why? Finally, are there any boards available now with the SiS 735?

*Groovy*

G

Nope no sis 735 mobo's yet but i'm a waiting. Once on comes out i'm definently snaggling it. I can't wait to get rid of this old FIC SD11 and my darnd slotA athlon.

G

don't know anything about it, but someone suggested this for me (but i don't want onboard sound/video):
asus cus4x-v (http://www.asus.com/Products/Motherboard/Pentiumpro/Cuv4x-v/index.html)

G

Well, I was thinking about getting the K7AMA by Elite Computers. Just because it fit all the criteria I was looking for and was rather cheap in price. But it also uses the Ali Magik, and from what I hear from this site that does not look to be the best choice. Here are its components:

PROCESSORS

AMD® Athlon/Duron (K7) processors
Full series of Athlon/Duron CPU including the future Athlon processors

CHIPSET

Ali® Magic 1645(NB) & Magic 1535D+(SB) Chipset
Support AGP 2.0 specification (4X)
Support PCI 2.2 Specification
LPC I/O - IT8870F
SAN: RealTek 8139C
AC97 Audio Codec
Compliant with AC97 2.1 specification

MEMORY

2 DDR DIMM Sockets and 2 DIMM sockets support (can not be used simultaneously)
Two 184-pin 2.5V DDR SDRAM (DDR266/DDR200) or
Two 168-pin 3.3V SDRAM (PC133/PC100)
Maximum: 2GB

SYSTEM BIOS

AMI 2MB Flash EEPROM
Supports Plug and Play 1.0A, AMP 1.2, Multi Boot, DMI
Support for ACPI revision 1.0 specification

I/O INTERFACE

Supports Plug and Play function
PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse connectors
Four USB Ports (Two USB Connectors as header onboard)
One - EPP/ECP mode parallel port
Two - 16550 high-speed serial I/O port
Audio Ports (Line-in, Line-out, Mic-in, CD-in and game port)
LAN Header
Supports 360K~2.88M Byte, 3 Mode FDDs
Dual PCI IDE interfaces - support four IDE devices (PIO mode 4, DMA Mode 2, Ultra DMA 33/66/100)
ATX Power Supply Connector
Ports, Headers and Others:
IrDA Cable header
Extra USB header
Front Panel MIC/Line-Out header
Green, HDD, Power indicator LED headers
CPU and Case Fan headers
LAN Card Wake Up / Internal Modem Ring Wake-Up headers

RTC & BATTERY
M1535D+ included 256 bytes of CMOS
With CMOS hardware clear jumper

EXPANSION SLOTS

4 PCI slots, 1 AGP slot, 1 AMR slot

FORM FACTOR

ATX (304mm*220mm)

Has anyone heard anything about this board? Would it do the job? Or should I keep looking for something better?
This board sells for $84 which includes shipping.