Building NAT via Wireless CArd!

i have installed a Wifi card to get signal from my neighbors and it works
fine..

as the signal cannot cover my whole house... so i'm thinking of adding a 2nd
Wifi Card and install in Adhoc mode to cover my house..

any better suggestion ?
2 answers Last reply
More about building wireless card

    KSGoh wrote:
    > i have installed a Wifi card to get signal from my neighbors and it works
    > fine..
    >
    > as the signal cannot cover my whole house... so i'm thinking of adding a 2nd
    > Wifi Card and install in Adhoc mode to cover my house..
    >
    > any better suggestion ?

    Being that you have, as you put it, "installed a Wifi card to get signal
    from my neighbors", I am assuming that you are surfing the internet at
    your neighbor's expense. If that is the case, have your neighbor(s)
    consented to such action? Depending on your neighbor's knowledge of
    computers and networking, they can detect an unauthorized presence on
    their network. Now, to answer your question: If you have permission to
    use your neighbor's internet services, you may be able to extend the
    signal with a repeater.

    obviously, i'm someone who's lucky enough to get a neighbor who's willing to
    let me into their network for free....
    and on top of that they even give me the access to their to configure the AP
    fro them...

    to summarise..
    i'm looking for a S/w to allow my Windows machine to emulate itself as AP so
    that i can cover my whole house to get connected to the net..

    "Doug Jamal" <bishiv6AT@yahooDOT.com> wrote in message
    > KSGoh wrote:
    >> i have installed a Wifi card to get signal from my neighbors and it works
    >> fine..
    >>
    >> as the signal cannot cover my whole house... so i'm thinking of adding a
    >> 2nd Wifi Card and install in Adhoc mode to cover my house..
    >>
    >> any better suggestion ?
    > Being that you have, as you put it, "installed a Wifi card to get signal
    > from my neighbors", I am assuming that you are surfing the internet at
    > your neighbor's expense. If that is the case, have your neighbor(s)
    > consented to such action? Depending on your neighbor's knowledge of
    > computers and networking, they can detect an unauthorized presence on
    > their network. Now, to answer your question: If you have permission to
    > use your neighbor's internet services, you may be able to extend the
    > signal with a repeater.

Wireless WiFi Internet Wireless Networking