Status
Not open for further replies.

Augray37

Distinguished
May 4, 2011
I have an Asus VH192D 18.5" 1366x768 LCD monitor with a VGA port only, and I am trying to connect my Xbox 360 S to it. I bought an official Microsoft Xbox 360 VGA AV cable to connect them, but it didn't work. The monitor simply says "No signal" then goes to sleep. I tried the microsoft troubleshooting guide and the "y button and both triggers" trick (which did restart the console, but didn't solve the problem), but i still can't get it to work. The monitor works fine otherwise, although I can't access its menu unless it has a "signal". The VGA cable has the red/white audio inputs attached to it and they work fine, I just don't get video.

Any suggestions on how to get this working? I know it's kind of a specific question, but if anyone has some advice I'd really appreciate it. I also posted this question in the Flat-panel monitor section because I don't really don't know the right place to put it, please don't hurt me lol. Thank you!

Augray37

Solution
You might need to connect the 360 to another TV/monitor and make sure it is not set to a resolution higher than the Asus monitor can display. I had a 19" LCD die on me and the backup 17" would not handle the 1600x1200 the 360 was trying to output. Had to connect it to another monitor that could to drop it down to 1024x768 the 17" could understand.

FinalDrive

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2007
You might need to connect the 360 to another TV/monitor and make sure it is not set to a resolution higher than the Asus monitor can display. I had a 19" LCD die on me and the backup 17" would not handle the 1600x1200 the 360 was trying to output. Had to connect it to another monitor that could to drop it down to 1024x768 the 17" could understand.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.