Status
Not open for further replies.

Nippe

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011
Usually when I enable vertical sync for games their framerates go to 60. But now I have a game that doesn't have vertical sync, how am I supposed to get 60 FPS? 200 FPS makes my PC cry :/

You can force Vsync on with your video drivers if the game doesn't have the option available. Go into your Catalyst Control Center or Nvidia Control Panel and look for the Vsync settings, they should be under the gaming settings with Anti Aliasing, Anistrophic Filtering, etc. You should be able to set Vsync to be always on, rather than application controlled.

I suppose another option would be to go into your Windows power settings and set it to a power saver mode. That would downclock your hardware so you wouldn't have your graphics card going at full power when playing, given that you easily get 200 FPS you should still get good performance doing this for this game, even if your GPU is running at considerably lower power.

jackbling

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
you can use rivatuner's d3d overider to force vsync for the game, just add the exe and set the refresh and force vsync, then launch the game.

Nippe

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2011

Wow.. That actually did the trick :O My PC doesn't make any noise after that and FPS stays at 60.. I'm just concerned is there any options I should set up in d3doverrider?

depending on who manufactures your card if its an amd 1 then over ride it via the ccc pannel and rename the main game exe to ut3.exe this will also enable you to use fsaa with less of a gfx overhead.
this can only be done with games that dont require a loader to get it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.