I have an English windows 7 but I want Japanese Keyboard

G

Hello,
I am in Japan, and I have a computer with a Japanese keyboard. The problem is that I have Windows 7 in English, but I want to keep using the Japanese keyboard layout. For some reason, even though I have the keyboard language set to Japanese, it still comes up as English layout. For example, if I press the @ button, next to p, it comes up with [

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
what is supposed to change the Keyboard layout in Windows is, Start>Control Panel> Regional and Language, in the next box, click on the tab for Keyboard and Languages, then the change Keyboards, in the next box, if you have the Japanese language pack installed, you can pick the Japanese K/B in the drop down list, if that doesn't work, I really don't know what to say, because my wife is Chinese, and I have her computer setup so when I log into my account, it's English, and when she logs in to her account, it's Chinese

aioaio

Reputable
May 9, 2014

I tried the instructions at the Microsoft support site, but it didn't help. Their example of French (Canadian) brings up a picture of the keyboard layout, but the Japanese ones don't and the keys don't match the physical layout of the keyboard. The language is set to Japanese, the locale is set to Japan, but the keyboard refuses to budge from an English layout with the reverse apostrophe in the top left corner instead of the key for turning Japanese input on and off.