Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I have an English windows 7 but I want Japanese Keyboard

Last response: in Windows 7
a b $ Windows 7
September 26, 2010 6:53:16 AM

I am in Japan, and I have a computer with a Japanese keyboard. The problem is that I have Windows 7 in English, but I want to keep using the Japanese keyboard layout. For some reason, even though I have the keyboard language set to Japanese, it still comes up as English layout. For example, if I press the @ button, next to p, it comes up with [
a b $ Windows 7
September 26, 2010 7:22:20 AM

what is supposed to change the Keyboard layout in Windows is, Start>Control Panel> Regional and Language, in the next box, click on the tab for Keyboard and Languages, then the change Keyboards, in the next box, if you have the Japanese language pack installed, you can pick the Japanese K/B in the drop down list, if that doesn't work, I really don't know what to say, because my wife is Chinese, and I have her computer setup so when I log into my account, it's English, and when she logs in to her account, it's Chinese
September 27, 2010 10:17:50 PM

Check out this site. It will show you how to change the keyboard layout in Windows 7. Just change the your layout now to how you want it to look and you should be good to go!

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team