Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia biostar 1gb graphic card

Last response: in Video Games
July 28, 2011 6:21:31 AM

Hello, sir m thinking to buy this card but i hav few doubts in mine mind can this card play fable 3 and grand theft auto 4..? plz
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2011 6:35:36 AM

Which model of the card is it? From what I could find, it seems to be a 9400GT. If that is the case, then you won't be able to run the games mentioned. Fable 3 requires at least a GTS250. As for GTA 4, it requires a pretty decent graphics card. I tried running GTA San Andreas with it and managed to run it on lowest settings, and that too with a lot of lag!

The 9400GT (if that is indeed your card) is a very weak graphics card and definitely not one meant for/ fit for gaming. You really should consider changing your GPU (Graphics card).

Earlier, a decent switch from a 9400 was the GTS250. Today, you have multiple options in different price ranges. If you're keen on upgrading, let us know your budget and also post your complete computer specifications (CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Power Supply, etc) and then we may be able to help you out. As of now, that card is a definite no-no!
m
l
July 28, 2011 6:50:27 AM

Cpu : -intel pentium E5400
Motherboard:- P35/G33/G31
Ram 2Gb DDR2

mmm not sure abt power supply coz just 220v in and 220 out 50Hz written on it... and thnx for replying sir sry m bit new in these stuffs
m
l
Related resources
July 28, 2011 6:57:09 AM

and Graphic cards Model is Nvidia N210 DDR3 1GB
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2011 7:15:14 AM

Your CPU is an Intel® Pentium® Processor E5400 (2M Cache, 2.70 GHz, 800 MHz FSB). It has 2 cores and 2 threads. But its still a Pentium! Its a bit old for today's standards.

Your motherboard may not be that much of an issue as it supports the core 2 processor family chipsets....which means that you cane salvage the motherboard and get yourself a Core2Quad for a decent price. I remember getting myself a 2.33Ghz intel Core2Quad (I think it was a Q8200) for about Rs.4,000. You should do some research and find the prices for a quad core CPU, preferably at least 2.66 Ghz.

Basically, you should consider upgrading the following, in priority
1. GPU
Try looking for at least an nVidia GTX460. If that's not possible, try getting the nVidiaGTS250. I know from experience that our Indian market is an nVidia fan and does not cater much to ATI cards. Otherwise, I would have suggested the ATI5670

2. CPU
As stated above, consider moving up to a quad core cpu with at least a speed of 2.66 Ghz. Depends on how much you're willing to spend though.

3.PSU
Check the brand of your PSU! If its something like Zebronics, etc, dump it and get a good branded PSU (Antec, Corsair, Seasonic or Coolermaster). Remember, your PSU would depend on your system specs, so get that in order first. A good branded PSU is a must. People have spent tons of money on getting a high-end system but try saving money on PSU's. All it takes is a simple electric spike to blast past a cheap PSU and fry your system.

4. RAM
Not the biggest of your worries right now, but sooner or later consider getting 4GB of DDR3 RAM.

Let us know what you think about it. If you're in Delhi, try going to Nehru Place and getting some price quotes.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2011 7:20:15 AM

Ok, just read your GPU model. It's no better than the 9400GT....maybe 3x faster than the 9400, but that really doesn't count. :)  Both cards are old and slow for today's gaming standard's.

nVidia's GTX 4**/ 5** series offers DirectX11 +tessellation which is being used in more and more games nowadays. The same goes for the ATI 5***/ 6*** series. Consider this as a guiding factor.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2011 7:22:21 AM

mandeep_sandhu7 said:
... and thnx for replying sir sry m bit new in these stuffs

Don't worry about it, we've all gone through it! :) 
Feel free to ask around!
m
l
July 28, 2011 7:43:47 AM

thnx bro... :)  but m still confused :(  should i buy tat card or not coz i wanna play GTA4 and fable 3 :(  but idk can i able to play those games on mine pc with tat Graphic Card ..? thnx in advance
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2011 7:53:17 AM

Fable 3 - No!
The minimum requirement for the graphics card is a GTS250.

GTA4 - No!
The game is poorly coded and requires a powerful CPU. Plus, a decent graphics card. You may manage running the game on the lowest of settings but it will be very slow, maybe even unplayable.
m
l
July 28, 2011 7:57:00 AM

yeah i run tat game on mine another pc which hav GF7100 it ran too slow :(  but thnx nyway :) 
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2011 1:04:37 PM

Can you mention your budget so that any other card can be recommended to you
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 28, 2011 3:59:38 PM

mandeep_sandhu7 said:
yeah i run tat game on mine another pc which hav GF7100 it ran too slow :(  but thnx nyway :) 

Do you want us to suggest you a good GPU ? As namelessonez said, check your PSU's brand.
A GT210 won't be enough to play games like GTA IV or Fable 3. It would run, but like a slideshow.
m
l
!