Sign in with
Your question

Will this laptop run Star Trek Online?

Last response: in Video Games
July 28, 2011 7:51:12 PM

I am unable to check the link, if you could copy/paste the specs i would be happy to advise. That being said, as long as it has a discreet graphics card, it can run star trek online.
m
l
July 28, 2011 8:11:52 PM

Copied from the site:

VISION E2 Technology by AMD
Makes your digital photos and Web sites look amazing and gives a boost to digital music playback.

AMD E-Series E-350* dual-core accelerated processor
For efficient system processing. AMD AllDay™ Power technology to extend battery life.

3GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB.

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
Burn custom CDs and watch your favorite DVDs on the go.

15.6" LED high-definition display
With BrightView technology and 1366 x 768 resolution offers easy navigation and delivers intense detail and clarity.

320GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.

AMD Radeon HD 6310 discrete-class graphics
Feature up to 1461MB video memory for lush images with vivid detail.
m
l
Related resources
July 28, 2011 9:18:05 PM

Based solely on the benchmarks done by our fine friends here at toms ( http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/e-350-motherboard-b... ) I really wouldn't recommend this system, assuming gaming is a priority.

Find something with a true discreet graphics card, and considering its best buy you can likely find a better system for less dollars.

I wish i could browse around for a few minutes and give you some recommendations, if possible find yourself a dual core sandy bridge intel based laptop with a discreet graphics card.

Sorry i can't be of more help atm.
m
l
a c 451 D Laptop
July 28, 2011 9:40:08 PM

I'm afraid you will be disappointed with the Radeon HD 6310's performance. If you click the following link you can find some game benchmarks for that card. Overall, it is slower than the Intel HD 3000 graphics core that is inside a Core i3 2310m CPU. As a comparison, the Intel HD 3000 graphics core is a little better than the desktop version of the Radeon HD 5450.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6310.40952.0...

m
l
a c 451 D Laptop
July 28, 2011 9:48:49 PM

These are the minimum system requirements for Star Trek Online. I'll also add that these are specs for a desktop PC. Laptops are generally less powerful than their desktop counterparts.

OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Memory: 1GB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space
Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

The AMD E-350 is 1.6GHz, just slightly below the minimum of 1.8GHz. Not too bad, but I don't know how the AMD E-Series CPU compares to an AMD Athlon X2.

The major problem would be the Radeon HD 6310. Sure it is technically 5 generations newer than the Radeon X1800, but the Radeon X1800 was a powerful card compared to the wimpy Radeon HD 6310.

You need to spend more than $330 on a laptop if you want to play games. At least double that, at the minimum just to get decent performance for casual games; not fairly demanding games (for laptops) like Star Trek Online.
m
l
!