Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Black ops pc lag

Last response: in Video Games
July 29, 2011 11:14:55 PM

OK i just bought black ops and it was running fine for the last few but now out of know where i start getting these little annoying. The weird thing is that the lag is not caused by fps drops or a bad connection everything is normal im running at 80fps and i have a ping of like 70. If i turn down the quality of disable AA or something the lag will still be there. Im not sure what could have caused it the only thing i could think of is they recently came out with a new patch and i think that may be the problem. I also change my thermal paste but that only improved my pc's performance.

If you guys have any idea Please please please let me know. Thanks

More about : black ops lag

July 30, 2011 2:35:48 AM

if you have an amd card turn shader warming off. it wrecks gameplay and is only needed if you have an nvidia card.
Score
July 30, 2011 5:32:11 AM

different parts of code transform into electricity differently.

if you could monitor your motherboard with some serious analysis hardware, you would see that some code literally has pulses in it.. while the other code that does basically the same thing, is a complete steady stream of electricity.

if you want perfection..
you have to start at the lowest layers of code and work your way up to a high level of code.. and then the highest layer of code might not make any coherent sense at all.

some ugly truth for you.
not all people test the code for responsiveness.
and if they do test for responsiveness.. their hardware might be made different when it hits the consumer shelves.
depends on what you get if you sign a license to use early hardware.

i would go as far as saying sometimes the code makes the electricity on the board go up.. and sometimes it goes down.
and
if going up causes lag during intense moments.. a motherboard that goes down is going to lag all of the time, except during those intense moments (the need for more processing power would be here).

as far as the electricity is concerned.. it doesnt care much either way.
and that brings the blame to the code running the motherboard.
dropouts that are too dark could become a problem if the inertia stops early.
spikes that are too bright could become a problem if the piece the electricity is going to begins to clip or distort somehow.

the board runs on electricity.
the pattern of electricity is going to have code associated with it.
and that code is going to have a higher level of code to keep it safe.
and then..
that code is going to have a higher level of code to keep it safe.
(this could go on for a number of times)

and it will all boil down to the electricity on the board.
too many pulses.. or not enough information being sent/received per cycle.

the pulses are congestion and poor programming.
when not enough information is being sent/received per cycle.. that means the hardware needs an upgrade (but only if it is because you couldnt write the software code to perform any faster)

programming a computer is like talking to somebody.
you have choice of words, and languages.
you can steer the direction where you want the conversation to go.
sometimes fancy words help.. other times those fancy words cause confusion and slow things down.

seems like you have to have a license to know the list of the best words to use.
or
you have to sit around and fart with it until you get your own list.
nothing to be proud of when they say 'there is a right answer and a wrong answer'
but they dont tell you how to reach perfection and find the best stride.
since there is more than one way to program..
you could pretend to be a pirate.
or
you could pretend to be an english ruler or king.
because..
you dont have to keep your sentence structure like 1,2,3,4,
if you switched to latin it would always be 2,3,4,1

and if you switch between 'em throughout the entire time writing the engine.
it will either slow things down or speed them up.
one thing they cannot say is 'it will be the same'
depending on where the change is and how important the sentence is.. the results might be less than noticeable with a difference on the nanosecond timer, but those differences still exist.

if your frames per second dont go down.. not the graphics card or computer processor.
if you rotate and there is always some chunk of video missing.. that is data going from the RAM on the motherboard to the RAM on the graphics card.
or
the data stays on the RAM on the motherboard.. but that is how long it took the stupid engine to tell the processor to use THE OTHER HALF of the ram sticks.
usually there is always two halfs.
a = what is in front of you
b= what is behind you

if neither one of these are the problem.
have a look at the video game and see how the graphics compare with any of the other games you have played.
if they look the same.. that is a dead giveaway the game is using stupid programming.
bad programming will hold the game back.
two games could use the exact same maps.. the exact same texture.. the exact same characters and guns.
but
if the engine the whole thing runs on is different... you could put them up for a side-by-side comparison to see which one is worse.

if your school or book taught you anything about right from wrong.. obviously it has to be the truth.
Score
Related resources
July 30, 2011 6:25:00 AM

ok so you the problem isnt a big lag is just happens when turning for it barley noticeable. Ive been looking around and it seems that it could be the black ops game because a lot of people are saying stuff about black ops being badly programmed.

If you think that its a problem with my motherboard what should i do because i dont have money to get another one.

Oh yea it also seems that it only happens with black ops no other games i play have this problem.
Score
July 30, 2011 6:26:12 AM

HEXiT said:
if you have an amd card turn shader warming off. it wrecks gameplay and is only needed if you have an nvidia card.

no i have a nvidia card but should i still try turning it off
Score
July 30, 2011 7:51:01 AM

look at the graphics.. there is nothing there that provides a reason to have much less frames per second than other games.

i really doubt it is your motherboard.
usually you should be thinking of your motherboard/cpu/graphics card .. these are a blank slate that the video game simply drops down into.
if the game runs bad.. the option to increase the processing power is always going to be there.
but
simply running the game faster is only TRYING to hide the problem, by allowing the problem to come and go faster.

that isnt the perfect solution.
as black ops has PROVEN to people already.
some of us have a core2duo processor.. and some of us have a core i7 processor.
but we are both seeing the video game choke.
that is how you know it isnt a lack of processing power.
it is because the code damn near causes the video game to crash because the use of an improper word.. or a sentence in the wrong place.
seems as though the game is running on an ALLOWABLE intolerance.

i have seen it myself.
you walk around and swing the gun from left to right and things feel smooth.
but then you start interacting with another player and you can see the problems happening again.
it is as if there are three cards on the table and you have to guess which card is the lag as the dealer is mixing and tossing the cards around.

basically the person would say the system needs to be bleeded until all of the trigonometry is gone.
but..
if the server that connects the players is of a different type of math.. then the two types of math would be colliding with eachother, and bumping heads is only going to cause confusion.
some programmers should feel lucky their video game doesnt completely crash when it happens.

but in order for them to fix it.. they need to look at the person's character.. the server.. the person's character when it interacts with another person's character.. the server again.. and the final result of the looking.

i think black ops has done a good job getting the characters to exist well in the map.
so that means single player or running around all by yourself should be easy.
but
the moment you come into contact with another person (whether it be visually on the screen.. or if you aim at them *usually this* ... or if you simply get too close to eachother.. or if it is simply because the two of you are on the map together)
things mess up on a 'beyond' level.. and you can certainly tell.
you can also tell that the 'beyond' level sneaks up and slaps you in the face, as if going from a 'beyond' level to an 'up close and personal' level.

say we talk about those three cards again.
and two of them are blue.. but one of them is red.
if the red one causes lag.. then wherever it shuffles to is going to cause a problem.
if you can manuever that problem to an edge.. then you can fix it by either going to calculus, or stepping calculus down to trigonometry.

i look at it like connecting wires or cords to each thing.. and they cant overlap or touch eachother.
Score
July 30, 2011 8:37:19 AM

Please list your PC specs.
Black Ops is a badly coded game. The lag may happen with any sort of high end gaming PC machine. You're not the only one.
Score
July 30, 2011 8:47:01 AM

TELL ME..

do these game studios not care to play their own creations?

i think my greasy yellow pillow looks more presentable than those game studios that dont play their own creations.
if you were there playing them too.. then you would get upset too.
brings you back to fix it.. and back again to see a community involved with your mind.
Score
July 30, 2011 8:53:25 AM

Recently we hear a lot of these "console ports" from game developers. A possible reason on why the game developers develop or code a game poorly may be due to the less time that they have, or they're just in the need of money (greed), that they don't care if they code it right or wrong.
Score
July 30, 2011 10:59:04 AM

anwaypasible said:
TELL ME..

do these game studios not care to play their own creations?

i think my greasy yellow pillow looks more presentable than those game studios that dont play their own creations.
if you were there playing them too.. then you would get upset too.
brings you back to fix it.. and back again to see a community involved with your mind.

are you hear to fix games or write a book that has nothing to do with gaming...
talk about a lot of words that saying nothing.
Score
July 30, 2011 11:35:27 AM

why disrupt the flow of the forum discussion?
it isnt your right or your gift.

your sentence structure might prove to be exactly why proper words being used dont stack up well.
(or an example as to why the programming code is slow in the first place)

either way.. treat yourself better.

(where is my ignore user button?)
Score
July 30, 2011 12:34:06 PM

Let's keep the flow of this thread positive! :D 
Score
July 30, 2011 12:46:15 PM

cant remain positive with a missing 'of' in your sentence. :non: 
Score
July 30, 2011 4:12:16 PM

anwaypasible said:
why disrupt the flow of the forum discussion?
it isnt your right or your gift.

your sentence structure might prove to be exactly why proper words being used dont stack up well.
(or an example as to why the programming code is slow in the first place)

either way.. treat yourself better.

(where is my ignore user button?)
pretty much because this isnt a discussion thread its a user asking for help so turning it into a discussion is hijacking his thread.... theres no malice just stating that there are other topics for this discussion.

Score

Best solution

July 30, 2011 6:24:34 PM

try turning shader warming off and see if you notice a difference.

no reason to post your PC specs.

and with that said..
the thread has an informative answer to the question.
not some lame wrap-up to the likes of 'you are not the only one' or 'the game is poorly coded'

i have seen half a hundred posts saying the same thing 'the game is poorly coded'
well.. today you were capable of reading a bit more into why the code is poor.
there is no hijacking whatsoever when simply describing an answer in detail.
hexit has lost self-respect today.
July 30, 2011 6:26:56 PM

alright so my pc specs are

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M600 RS-600-AMBA-D3 600W
Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) DS SSC 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16
MSI NF750-G55 AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus with Artic silver 5 thermal compound

all these parts are like 4 months old and the cpu cooler and the video card are less than 2 weeks old.

i really feel thats it the game itself.

guess im going to have to get used to it
Score
July 30, 2011 6:51:19 PM

Best answer selected by irCRiz.
Score
July 30, 2011 7:49:10 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!