Sign in with
Your question

Best crysis game

Last response: in Video Games

what is yoru favorite of the 3 crysis games?

Total: 27 votes (6 blank votes)

• Crysis
  • 44 %
  • Crysis Warhead
  • 40 %
  • Crysis 2
  • 18 %
July 30, 2011 1:17:24 AM

just wondering because i want to buy one of em

More about : crysis game

July 30, 2011 1:38:02 AM

Crysis Warhead.

Short, but story is tighter than Crysis. It's storyline runs parallel with Crysis and it assumes you have played the original game since it does not really summaries what went on in Crysis. It's a side story, not the main story.

I recommend playing Crysis first to get the broad storyline and longer gameplay. But overall Crysis Warhead is better.
July 30, 2011 2:20:18 AM

thank you. i have always heard that warhead was better than crysis and looks better so i might end up buying the maximum edition for 40$
Related resources
July 30, 2011 2:33:28 AM

to be honest there all pretty weak when it comes to gameplay. warhead was a tighter experience, but crysis had good open ended exploration of the maps. crysis 2 has better gameplay but doesnt offer the tactical aspects it promised in the lead up to release...
things like free roaming tactical 3d imensional cityscape... pretty much everything it isnt.

you can choose up the midle or down the sides as your tactical choice which makes for a pretty liniar game overall. but because of this the gameplay is tighter and feels more involved than the previous games.

so i would choose crysis 2 over the others with warhead a close second... but they are all flawed.
July 30, 2011 3:35:51 AM

I didn't like Crysis 2 that much.

There was no exploring compared to Crysis. The game is on a railroad; there is only one path to your objective. Story was decent but weakest of the three.
July 30, 2011 3:38:54 AM

I'll be the black sheep here and recommend Crysis as the best in the series.

I've played through all three multiple times, and the original is still what impresses me most.

This boils down to personal preference, though. I like games that give you room to breathe....some gamers find this approach boring, but it's just what I prefer.

Warhead is a fun, albeit short romp, and it's well worth getting - but I don't find it in any way superior to Crysis.

Crysis 2's biggest downfall is the utterly abhorable gutting of the FPS mechanics that made the original so impressive. No other FPS feels as good as Crysis to me - and I'm talking about a direct line to control of player movement and gunplay. The way Crytek handled integrating various positions of movement is nothing short of a masterpiece IMO, and it makes playing other FPS's feel almost robotic and fake.

Controlling the player in Crysis is like driving a precision sports car.......controlling the player in Crysis 2 is like trying to race in a Dodge Caravan. There is no lean (auto lean? I don't want "auto" player control - it sucks and just works as a handicap for players without enough skill to know otherwise). No prone. You can't pull off any of the advanced movements that the original games gave you the capability to do: flicking on power to jump up on a rooftop, and cloaking mid jump to avoid detection, then landing in a prone position to start picking people off - all accomplished smoothly as silk thanks to the ingenious interface and integration of movement and control offered in the first games.

Crysis 2? Running around like a drunk soldier and that incredibly annoying jump lag. Sloppy and dumbed-down as hell compared to Crysis. It sounds like I'm being really hard on C2, but despite how harshly I'm comparing it to the first game, it's still a GREAT, FUN game taken at face value and not compared to anything else.

So my recommendation - buy the original. If you want it to look even more incredible, there's plenty of mods that up the eye candy.

Then buy Warhead, which comes with Crysis Wars, one of the best Multi-Players out there. Maybe I'll see ya there. ;) 
July 30, 2011 3:48:38 AM

wow lol some strong feelings ya got there ok ill definitely consider buying maximum edition. it just seems like the best value to me
July 30, 2011 4:29:22 AM

Stringjam said:
I'll be the black sheep here and recommend Crysis as the best in the series.

I've played through all three multiple times, and the original is still what impresses me most.

This boils down to personal preference, though. I like games that give you room to breathe....some gamers find this approach boring, but it's just what I prefer.

Warhead is a fun, albeit short romp, and it's well worth getting - but I don't find it in any way superior to Crysis.

Crysis 2's biggest downfall is the utterly abhorable gutting of the FPS mechanics that made the original so impressive. No other FPS feels as good as Crysis to me - and I'm talking about a direct line to control of player movement and gunplay. The way Crytek handled integrating various positions of movement is nothing short of a masterpiece IMO, and it makes playing other FPS's feel almost robotic and fake.

Controlling the player in Crysis is like driving a precision sports car.......controlling the player in Crysis 2 is like trying to race in a Dodge Caravan. There is no lean (auto lean? I don't want "auto" player control - it sucks and just works as a handicap for players without enough skill to know otherwise). No prone. You can't pull off any of the advanced movements that the original games gave you the capability to do: flicking on power to jump up on a rooftop, and cloaking mid jump to avoid detection, then landing in a prone position to start picking people off - all accomplished smoothly as silk thanks to the ingenious interface and integration of movement and control offered in the first games.

Crysis 2? Running around like a drunk soldier and that incredibly annoying jump lag. Sloppy and dumbed-down as hell compared to Crysis. It sounds like I'm being really hard on C2, but despite how harshly I'm comparing it to the first game, it's still a GREAT, FUN game taken at face value and not compared to anything else.

So my recommendation - buy the original. If you want it to look even more incredible, there's plenty of mods that up the eye candy.

Then buy Warhead, which comes with Crysis Wars, one of the best Multi-Players out there. Maybe I'll see ya there. ;) 

I give this a thumbs up! Alot of people consider it a treat for the eyes only and that was it... i on the other hand, thought the gameplay was very good too boot.
July 30, 2011 4:37:44 AM

just bought maximum edition and started playing crysis and ZOMG it looks amazing and i love how you actually need to think in order to play the games. its much more of a challenge than black ops and it gives you options on how you wanna tackle scenarios love it so far and ive only played the first mission
July 30, 2011 5:03:06 AM

If you want open ended exploring and what I consider the best 1st person shooter experience I've had to date in a single person game, I'd look at the game that Crytek created first; Farcry (not Farcry 2). However, it doesn't have as advanced of a graphics engine.
July 30, 2011 5:11:08 AM

Yeah Far Cry is a good game. I actually re-installed it last week.

Very good game, it came out of nowhere and it put Crytek on the map. The story gets a bit wacky when the monsters starts showing up, but nevertheless a fun game even after all these years.

I'm guessing it probably sells for around $10.
July 30, 2011 6:29:25 AM

Crysis Warhead for me! Have played all three and prefer warhead over the rest. Crysis 2, with all its beauty and stuff, just didn't appeal to me after the first run through. Warhead on the other hand, I can (and have) play multiple times over.

Just a thought, if you have 40 bucks to spend, rather than get the maximum edition (which really doesn't give any plausible extra content) why don't you hang on for one of them Steam sales? I remember buying them both off Steam for $20 (combined). Am sure there'll be another sale soon.
July 30, 2011 9:16:22 AM

Crysis Warhead is better overall.
July 30, 2011 5:49:36 PM

jaguarskx said:
Yeah Far Cry is a good game. I actually re-installed it last week.

Very good game, it came out of nowhere and it put Crytek on the map. The story gets a bit wacky when the monsters starts showing up, but nevertheless a fun game even after all these years.

I'm guessing it probably sells for around $10.

I got my copy of farcry for 1.50 USD on a steam sale a couple months ago.
Farcry 2 is a travesty, i dont know how anyone can like that pile of crap.
July 30, 2011 6:05:55 PM

I really like FarCry 2 - it's just repetitive (well...very repetitive). I think they had a lot of great ideas in developing that game, and I wish more FPS's were built on that type of platform (open map, mission based, survival elements, day / night/ weather cycles, etc...)

The only other real FPS I can think of that has a similar playing style is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
July 30, 2011 6:11:06 PM

Stringjam said:
I really like FarCry 2 - it's just repetitive (well...very repetitive). I think they had a lot of great ideas in developing that game, and I wish more FPS's were built on that type of platform (open map, mission based, survival elements, day / night/ weather cycles, etc...)

The only other real FPS I can think of that has a similar playing style is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Don't confuse Farcry and farcry 2. I don't even think farcry 2 was made by Crytek. I only brought up Farcry because it was the game that put Crytek on the map and Crysis seamed to be created with a lot of Farcry elements.
July 30, 2011 8:05:13 PM

I think UbiSoft developed Far Cry 2.

Anyway, at least Crytek made some money by selling the rights to someone else to create a game with the Far Cry title.
July 30, 2011 8:48:47 PM

yes, ubisoft is behind farcry 2 and 3. Crysis imo, is crytek's true vision of what they wanted farcry to be, just they didnt have the technology at the time. Theres no mistaking the level types, pacing, environments, vehicles, etc. that were almost identical
July 30, 2011 9:27:23 PM

FarCry is pretty fun....as cheap as it is now it's certainly worth having around.

The only thing that bothers me about the game is lack of iron-sights, but I realize how old this game is, so not really knocking it or anything. I think CryEngine modders were trying to work up an iron-sights mod for the game but I don't know if it was every successfully implemented. I'd definitely give it another play-though if they ever did work it out.

I don't really compare FarCry with FarCry2 because really they are completely separate games by different developers - - - different stories, different playing styles, way different tech. The only thing they really share is the name. I still love FarCry2. I hope Ubisoft takes the same type of platform into FarCry3, but obviously with some more focus and variety in the missions.
July 30, 2011 11:10:20 PM

Crysis and warhead are the same game to me. Warhead had some small "improvements" like just being ablt to walk over guns for ammo instead of having to pick them up.

Crysis 2 is not even part of the same franchise imo, different characters, huge diversion from the original story...and it sucks horrendously, plays like halo. Which is fine, but if I wanted to play halo, id buy an xbox and play halo.

so yea.
July 31, 2011 6:24:31 AM

You might look and see if you can find a copy of Crysis Maximum Edition, includes Crysis, Warhead and Wars. I really enjoyed the original Crysis, but I have yet to get it to function properly under Windows 7, I have to boot to XP for it to run, so I don't get all the DX10 enhancements, so for that reason I had to choose Warhead for this poll (as it never gives me trouble in 7).

I cannot really comment on Crysis 2, since I have not played much of it (thanks to the digital meth that is Civ 5).
August 1, 2011 1:11:49 PM

I vote for the original. Much longer and more varied single player campaign compared to warhead, more replay value IMO.

For multiplayer Crysis 2 is better than either of the first 2 IMO. It's really not that fun to get sniped by someone 16 miles away on MESA over and over again.
August 4, 2011 1:59:14 AM

I liked Crysis 2 Because of its good combat techniques, stunning graphics
Single player campaign is to good compared to other ones.Difficulty Is top Class
August 4, 2011 2:17:17 AM

Archer_25 said:
Single player campaign is to good compared to other ones.Difficulty Is top Class

I disagree with everything you just said. I beat crysis 2 on supersoldier and I thought it was a breeze. The graphics are ok but even with the dx11 patch it isn't jaw dropping in comparison to the dx9 version
August 4, 2011 4:00:04 AM

Archer_25 said:

Oh, so you must be the heretic that voted for Crysis 2. :) 

Crysis 2 was fun, but limited. I'll guess on a console it would be considered a great game but on a PC it is merely a good game. Crysis 2 is on a railroad. There is only one path and you must follow it. The only real reason to replay the game is to collect all the Easter Eggs. There are no different paths to take to get to your objective. There are no areas to explore. It feels all boxed in.

The AI does not seem to be as good as in CryEngine 2. Maybe because Crysis 2 has limited areas, maybe not.

Anyway, Crysis 2 was good enough to play through twice in the same year. Maybe next year or in 2013 I'll play it again with the DX11 and Ultra Hi-Res patches.
!