Sign in with
Your question

Administrator best for global s/w add/ remove

Last response: in Windows XP
April 22, 2005 11:34:50 AM

S/w like anti virus and spyware removal utilities that each user should run - should I install or remove any of these from the Administrators account instead of each seperate user account?
April 22, 2005 12:51:29 PM

That didn't make much sense.. can you try to explain what you want to do or what you're asking a little better?
April 22, 2005 3:04:20 PM

I use adaware at work. If the spyware is to bad I'll just reimage the machine w/ ghost.
For antivirus my site uses symantec AV corprate. All updates, virus scanning, and removal can be done server side.

<A HREF="http://www.folken.net/myrig.htm" target="_new">My precious...</A>
April 22, 2005 7:10:55 PM

Nah. Make an account and put it in the admin group and use that for your software maintenance. Use the administrator account for critical tasks.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>
April 22, 2005 10:06:21 PM

I have some programs loaded on all users profiles such as my spyware product like spybot or the antivirus like AVG.

If I wish to uninstall it , it seems that I ahve to go into each account and uninstall it as if i uninstall from just onne user it is stil present in the other users acount - so If I went into the Admin account would it uninstall it from all users ?? and therfore is it best to install products//programs like antivirus from the admin accont so that it is present in all users??

Mike
!