Half life 2 Error!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divyanshu

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Hello I got a HL2 game it runs perfectly on my PC until it load the next level during gameplay it freezes with a memory error but this happens only in windows xp
In windows 7 it works but not as smooth as in windows xp even with 16-31 fps(according to FRAPS and HL2 default Frame counter).It looks like it is running with 4-10 FPS.Can any body help me PLEASE.

MY System SPEC:
Intel pentium Dual core @2.7 GHz
1GB Ram
GMA 3100 as a graphics chip
Even with all setttings low corresponding problems occur in both OS.I had check on other computers with GMA 3100 and 1 GB Ram running windows 7 and 1 with XP ,it runs perfectly with high settings with a average 15-29 FPS

Solution
I don't know about the issue that you face in Windows XP, but I'm pretty sure it's the problem you're facing in 7.

As I had suggested earlier, have you tried using compatibility mode in Win7 ? Also, have installed the patch ?

Divyanshu

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
I had used it but it does nothing except clearing ram cache memory I think System ram is sufficient to run HL2 because RAM usage remains @ 72-80% <100% while it remain running in background. In Windows XP it runs but always give a memory error in loading screen(which loads the next part of the level during game play).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS