Sign in with
Your question

GA-7DXR will not shut-down or power on right ???

Last response: in Motherboards
July 9, 2001 4:59:06 PM

Hello,

I have a strange problem. My Gigabyte GA-7DXR motherboard will not shut-down. When I hit shut-down it just restarts and I have to manually hold the power button to keep it off. It doesn't always do this but most of the time it does.

Another maybe related problem is that sometimes it will not power up. I'll hit the power (on) button and nothing will happen. I just keep trying and sometimes the reset button will turn it on. Very strange. Any ideas?

Eric

GA-7DXR mother board
1.4 thunderbird
512MB pc2400 ram
Asus v8200 GF3
IBM 75GXP HD
ZIP Drive
Plextor 16/10/40 CD-RW
ACER 52X CD
Adaptec Firewire card
USR 56k Modem
Sound Blaster Live Platnium sound card

More about : 7dxr shut power

July 11, 2001 12:21:26 AM

It would appear to be either an BIOS setting or your O/S power managements setting.
Another possible, is that your terminals are incorretly set!.

On the Edge of Extremity
Microsoft Registered OEM,DSP,MCP
Custom Building of PC`s.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 11, 2001 12:33:22 AM

yeah, sounds like maybe the case to motherboard connectors for the power switch and the reset switch got mixed up during installation....

ignore everything i say
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2001 11:38:42 AM

I thought he said it does it now and then!That would mean the terminal connectors are ok.I would try another p/s 1st up.
July 13, 2001 1:52:00 PM

erm have you tried msconfig/advanced tick in "disable fast shotdown" (assuming win98)

Next time you wave - use all your fingers
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2001 2:34:27 PM

take it easy......just throwin out ideas here, amigo, not applying for the nobel award in science. having said that, though, his post pretty clearly indicates that this problem is pretty consistant, which to me indicates crossed connectors. i have seen this problem before and that was the issue.

ignore everything i say
July 13, 2001 4:19:23 PM

UPDATE: I figured it out thanks to a post on www.amdmb.com

It seems that I had a BIOS setting that set some PMV wake-up event enabled and disabling it fixed the problem completely. I wish I could remember exactly what it was...I'm at work now and can't think.

email me if you have the same problema nd I'll let you know exactly what the event is.: ahcjuice@execpc.com

Thanks for the suggestions,
Eric

I am what I am.
July 13, 2001 9:48:49 PM

I hate it when they figure out the problem before I get to put in my 2 cents worth!! I was gonna say check your BIOS setting for any PMV wake-up stuff and disable it.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hotel mattresses are better on the side away from the phone.
!