Dirt 3 On More Than One Computer?

life626

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Hi all,

I'm wondering if I get dirt 3 could I install it on more than one computer and play? The reason is I have brothers and we would want to do it with each other and I don't know if that's possible. I know pretty much for sure that it wouldn't work to do it online together, but I was thinking offline LAN play maybe. I'd just like to know the license agreement because I couldn't find it anywhere so I'm asking you guys. If any of you could tell me or know where I could find that information I'd appreciate it. I want to be able to install the game onto two computers and play with my brother.

Thanks,

Life626

As long as it's you and your brothers, then it's okay. It's illegal if you make multiple copies of the game and distribute it to others. Installing the copy on different computers is okay, but since you're playing in an offline type, i.e LAN, you'll need more CD-keys. I'm not sure about DiRT 3 though. But some games requires only the same CD-Key for playing LAN.

life626

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I am aware of this, and it's sad that we have to buy three copies of the same game if we wanted to play online together nowadays... that's over a hundred dollars, if you see our dilemma. I hope we will be able to do LAN together at least..

life626

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Never mind... steam makes it impossible to even install it on another computer. Wow so much for buying the game.... I liked it when you actually owned the game when you bought it. Now only my brother can play it.....