using Non HP HDD in VA7110

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali

Hi All,
I have a Seagate FC HDD and want to use it in VA7110. HP uses the disks
as like as mine. This disk is exactly similar to the HP HDDs but the
difference is their Firmware. HP use his firmware on HDDs, I mean after
they buy the HDDs from Seagate they would change the Firmware. VA 7110
designed to accept just HP's HDDs ( HDDs with HP's firmware). So I have
to change my disk's firmware. I have HP's firmware for this disk too.
However them problem is I don't know how to change the firmware. There
is some tools in HP-UX like Command view and STM the can change the
HDD's Firmware. But they will check the current firmware of HDD first
and after that change it. The Disks has Seaget's Firmware so command
view and STM don't allow me to change the Firmware by them. Is there
any solution to changing the Firmware?

Regards,
Ali

Hello

How do you change HDD firmware on Command view

Can you let's me known

Thanks you I will with sharing