Sign in with
Your question

PC Gaming Headset

Last response: in Video Games
August 2, 2011 12:58:54 AM

Now i've read through a couple of these posts and since I don't see anything that are similar to mine that have been posted in a while i'll ask again!

I'm looking for a new gaming headset, preferably one with an integrated microphone, as opposed to buying a separate clip-on.
I've been looking at the Astro A40s with the Mixamp, but i'm curious if you guys might have a better idea. As far as the mixamp goes, is it worth the extra money to get it?
In general the price isn't that big of a deal (within reason, of course) I figure the top end of what I would spend is right around what the A40s + Mixamp cost. (Which is around 350 if you get em separately)

Thanks!

More about : gaming headset

August 2, 2011 4:09:41 PM

if you want wired then stenhieser gaming headsets are hard to beat.
if you want wireless then the logitech g930, i have a set and they work well.
m
l
August 2, 2011 9:02:36 PM

renzol said:
Now i've read through a couple of these posts and since I don't see anything that are similar to mine that have been posted in a while i'll ask again!

I'm looking for a new gaming headset, preferably one with an integrated microphone, as opposed to buying a separate clip-on.
I've been looking at the Astro A40s with the Mixamp, but i'm curious if you guys might have a better idea. As far as the mixamp goes, is it worth the extra money to get it?
In general the price isn't that big of a deal (within reason, of course) I figure the top end of what I would spend is right around what the A40s + Mixamp cost. (Which is around 350 if you get em separately)

Thanks!

Like HEXiT I have the logitech G930s. The 7.1 surround quality is great, it has a built in mic with voice manipulation, and I've personally experienced no lag whatsoever. The 7.1 surround is software driven and the dongle acts like a sound card so it should run on any pc. Can't go wrong for $110.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-...
m
l
Related resources
August 2, 2011 11:41:18 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys but i'm coming from a G35, which is the G930 but wired and I wasn't satisfied with headphones. Thanks for responding though!

I'll look into the Senns though.
m
l
August 3, 2011 2:57:41 AM

don't get headsets, get headphones.
I recommend Audio Technica AD700
m
l
August 3, 2011 3:17:21 AM

Check Out Steel Series Headphones!!!
You may Like It
m
l
August 3, 2011 3:29:24 AM

Archer_25 said:
Check Out Steel Series Headphones!!!
You may Like It

you best be joking :/ 
m
l
August 3, 2011 5:10:05 AM

whats wrong with steelseries headphones? I was thinking about getting a pair.
m
l
August 3, 2011 6:52:07 AM

personally I think they are overpriced
and some of them have one of those "Anti-Background Noise" thingy, which makes it somewhat delicate, and if broken, it will make extremely annoying sounds.

also, no Bose or Skullcandy for me either.
but you guys can get what you want, I'm just making suggestions.
m
l
!