Sign in with
Your question

Can anyone help???????

Last response: in Motherboards
July 11, 2001 1:51:40 AM

i posted this question in the cpu forum but it seems they are all busy with the friggin amd vs. intel aka "my father can beat up your father" crap.... sooo tiresome. anyway, does anyone know a good site where i can purchase, and be assured i am getting an axia t-bird? preferably axia-y?

More about : question

July 11, 2001 1:56:05 AM

true true.
there are a few sane voices of reason around.

i saw an online advert not too long ago which advertised Axia's and the like. but for the life of me i cant remember th addy. sorry.
i will look though.
i assume you have done a search?

AMD chips run hot. The world is getting hotter. Therefore, AMD is causing Global Warming!
July 11, 2001 2:29:11 AM

oh, i've definately put in some time looking, but the sites dont specify if they are axia or not. should i assume anything over 1.2ghz, retail, is axia? or coppercore rather than aluminum? if you could find that site, that would be great... im sure others have purchased an axia chip...
Related resources
July 11, 2001 2:53:10 AM

grrrrr
*holds head*
brain hurts from thinkin too hard :( 

someone had the addy as their signature...
someone in the cpu or motherboard rooms.
sorry i cant do better

AMD chips run hot. The world is getting hotter. Therefore, AMD is causing Global Warming!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
July 11, 2001 11:25:07 AM

i did a search on pricewatch.com and got two pages of hits for axia athlon.....most are listed as oem, but im sure if you call one of those sites they can help you out.

ignore everything i say
July 11, 2001 11:45:49 AM

Dont know here you are from, if in uk, you can get them from www.scan.co.uk

Next time you wave - use all your fingers
July 11, 2001 5:07:16 PM

i did that also but that led to more confusion.... if a chip is "axia" doesnt that represent a certain level of quality, so, therefore calling it an oem would be a contridiction in terms?
July 12, 2001 5:43:07 AM

No, just because an athlon has an "AXIA" stepping does not mean it has better quality than others. They are all equal in terms of 'quality.' It just has been found that AXIA steppings are 'better' for overclocking.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>
July 12, 2001 2:57:08 PM

erm, btw, what is the newest stepping???
will the axia cost more than those non-axia ones???
also, is it true that only retail tbirds have copper cores???

I WoNdEr HoW, I WoNdEr WhY, I WoNdEr WhErE ThEy ArE, ThE AMD... We OvErCloCked ToGeThEr, Oh YeAh...
July 14, 2001 10:20:05 PM

According to <A HREF="http://www.athlonoc.com/newsteppings.php" target="_new"> Athlon OC</A>, the newest stepping are ARGA, AXIAR, and AYHJA.
Yes, in <i>some</i> retail stores, the AXIA will cost more than lets say an AVIA stepping. (Which I think is a total rip-off).
....don't know about your last question....

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>
!