Removing Verizon from 3589i display

I have dug through the manual and cannot find how to change the normal
waiting display from saying Verizon to my name or something else. I
changed the power-up screen, but it only stays on for about 20-30 seconds.
4 answers Last reply
More about removing verizon 3589i display

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:26:11 -0600, ACF <a@b.c> wrote:

    >I have dug through the manual and cannot find how to change the normal
    >waiting display from saying Verizon to my name or something else. I
    >changed the power-up screen, but it only stays on for about 20-30 seconds.

    Actually the "Verizon" display is there for a reason. Its to tell you
    that you are indeed on the Verizon network and not on Extended Network
    or Roaming. Its not "free advertisement" as some claim on here, but
    there to let you know what provider your phone is using and charged
    accordingly.

    Dave

    "Diamond Dave" <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:26:11 -0600, ACF <a@b.c> wrote:
    >
    >>I have dug through the manual and cannot find how to change the normal
    >>waiting display from saying Verizon to my name or something else. I
    >>changed the power-up screen, but it only stays on for about 20-30 seconds.
    >
    > Actually the "Verizon" display is there for a reason. Its to tell you
    > that you are indeed on the Verizon network and not on Extended Network
    > or Roaming. Its not "free advertisement" as some claim on here, but
    > there to let you know what provider your phone is using and charged
    > accordingly.
    >
    > Dave

    All it really needs to tell is if the phone is on Extended Network or
    Roaming. If neither of these is showing then you would know you are on the
    VZW network. Some have used BitPim to remove the VZW banner from their
    phones by hexediting a file on the phone and replacing it with blanks.

    Diamond Dave <dmine45.NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote:
    : On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 06:26:11 -0600, ACF <a@b.c> wrote:

    : >I have dug through the manual and cannot find how to change the normal
    : >waiting display from saying Verizon to my name or something else. I
    : >changed the power-up screen, but it only stays on for about 20-30 seconds.

    : Actually the "Verizon" display is there for a reason. Its to tell you
    : that you are indeed on the Verizon network and not on Extended Network
    : or Roaming. Its not "free advertisement" as some claim on here, but
    : there to let you know what provider your phone is using and charged
    : accordingly.

    Although this information is not necessarily useful to everyone, the
    "Verizon" display also tells you whether you are on your home network
    or not. The 3589i (and probably others) shows "Verizon" if you are on
    your home or "Verizon Wireless" if you are on another Verizon network
    that is not your home (e.g. in another state). Because I'm on the
    America's Choice plan this makes no difference to me, but I suppose it
    could to others on different plans.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----

    "Andrew" <usenetMYSHOES@bizaveMYSHOES.com> wrote in message
    ( ... )
    > Although this information is not necessarily useful to everyone, the
    > "Verizon" display also tells you whether you are on your home network
    > or not. The 3589i (and probably others) shows "Verizon" if you are on
    > your home or "Verizon Wireless" if you are on another Verizon network
    > that is not your home (e.g. in another state). Because I'm on the
    > America's Choice plan this makes no difference to me, but I suppose it
    > could to others on different plans.
    >
    > Andrew

    Only replace the "home" message by blanks, leave all the other messages as
    they were.
    This for those who would prefer to not have a message while in their home
    area - it can be removed.

    If you like the messages as they are - good for you - you don't need to
    change anything.

Verizon Internet Service Providers Displays