upgrade

G

Basically what your friend meant, (I don't know him, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) is that you won't be getting as much memory bandwidth. PC100 SDRAM runs slower than PC133 SDRAM. Personally, if I was upgrading at this point, I'd wait for a decent 266 FSB/DDR board for the Athlon4, unless you really need something zippier than your current PC setup.

-D

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Unless the board is version 3.0, it only supports 100/200mhz FSB.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

G

Well, if the board supports a chip up to that speed, you better be damn skippy you're gonna get that speed. A board can't support a 1.2 GHz CPU and not run the chip at 1.2 GHz. There would be no point saying it supports it. LOL, our board supports 1.2 ghz CPUS, but they can't run any faster than 900 MHz. As per the link, it supports up to 1.2 GHz TBirds. I'd call them if you can get a number, usually if you tell the salespeople you're interested in buying, they'll be more than happy to assist you with any technical questions.

-D

TRENDING THREADS