Doom 4 / The Ultimate Doom and Doom 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjw75

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Does anyone know the Doom 4 is coming out? I've been hearing about it for a while but can see no definitive dates (there probably isn't one)...I also want to play Doom and Doom 2 again but can't find the website I downloaded them from a number of years ago - can anyone point me in the right direction?

Solution
^+1

Steam has the entire collection, plus Doom 3 and the expansion, Resurrection of Evil.

I've also heard of these rumors that Doom 4 is in development, but no leads yet. Am sure it'll be awesome!

P:S: Have you tried Quake 4? Pretty awesome if you ask me!

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
^+1

Steam has the entire collection, plus Doom 3 and the expansion, Resurrection of Evil.

I've also heard of these rumors that Doom 4 is in development, but no leads yet. Am sure it'll be awesome!

P:S: Have you tried Quake 4? Pretty awesome if you ask me!

Solution

mjw75

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011

Haven't tried Quake 4...Quake 2 was one of my all-time favorites though (along with Doom, of course, and Hexen 2). I'm looking forward to "Rage"...previews for the game make it look beautiful. John Carmack's behind it but I haven't seen anything concerning John C. Romero yet :pfff: .

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009

Ok, definitely give Quake 4 a shot! It's pretty much like Doom 3, but better in certain parts!

I have always said that the simpler the better, I am off the FPS of today as I find it to much for ones eyes to handle. Doom1-2-Ultimate where really revolutionary for its time, I also regard Quake 1 and 2 as the best of that series.

Doom 3 while visually impressive did seem way to short, great title though and really did a good job of 3D rendering Hell Knights, Imps and the lot into what the 90's titles had created. Doom and Quake on a whole......fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.