Wow, check out Oblivion trailer!

Archived from groups: alt.games.elder-scrolls (More info?)

On Sun, 22 May 2005 13:05:09 GMT, Joseph Mason
<jmason_iii@hNoOtSmPaAiMl.com> wrote:

> http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm
>
> I'll be ruined for all other games!

Yeah, I've been looking it over again and again. It looks pretty good.

But then I remember that I still cannot play Morrowind without my machine
stopping to load every 10-30 seconds when I move about outdoors. Compare
this to WoW or DAoC where I can run for an hour, or even City of Heroes
where I only need to load once per zone.

If I cannot play Morrowind the way it was meant to play by 2005, when
should I get Oblivion? 2010?

I am almost certainly going to play it if I'm still alive when it actually
gets released. And I am almost certainly going to grumble over the bugs
and the poor performance, just like I did with Arena and Daggerfall and
Morrowind. And then continue to play it.

good sign." -G

ToolPackinMama <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:

>Joseph Mason wrote:
>>
>> http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm
>>
>> I'll be ruined for all other games!
>
>I need it now. NOW!

It should be impressive. There was comment in Electronic Gaming,
that got my attention. They weren't even looking at Oblivion,
but comparing the PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Nintendo Revolution. They
were commenting on Xbox sticking with standard DVDs, rather than
sony's jump to blueray. Microsoft commenting that most Xbox games
rarely used half the available space. With EG commenting that
Oblivion filled half a dvd with digital audio alone.

:phant wrote:

> but comparing the PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Nintendo Revolution. They
> were commenting on Xbox sticking with standard DVDs, rather than
> sony's jump to blueray. Microsoft commenting that most Xbox games
> rarely used half the available space. With EG commenting that
> Oblivion filled half a dvd with digital audio alone.

::swoon::

"Mirror Spock" <robins80@msu.edu> wrote in message
> On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 16:03:35 -0400, ToolPackinMama
> <laura@lauragoodwin.org> wrote:
>
>> Joseph Mason wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm
>>>
>>> I'll be ruined for all other games!
>>
>> I need it now. NOW!
>
> Hells yeah!
>
> * Robinson

oh. *WOW!* I'd already made my mind to buy
Oblivion as soon as it's out. THIS is the gameworld we get to play in?
Whoaaaaa! :eek:)

McG. <eagerly awaiting Oblivion!>