League of Legends blocking all web surfing

G

Hello.

I'm not sure if you guys will be able to help me, but it's worth a shot since nobody is interested in my topic on the Tech Support Forum in League of Legends.

I've got a very annoying problem: whenever the LoL client is running on my PC, I'm unable to browse web pages in Firefox/Internet Explorer etc. (web pages sometimes load after around 5min, even google). It actually happens when I'm not in a match, but in the main client. It's some kind of a simplified web browser without an address bar (there's just buttons like Shop etc.). In a match it all works fine. In addition the shop and chat pages take ages to load.

The only programs running are League of Legends and Eset Smart Security. I made exceptions in my firewall for all the .exe files specified in http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20132793-firewall-configuration-for-league-of-legends, also I opened all the ports on my router and in my firewall mentioned in http://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/20133372-port-forwarding-for-league-of-legends. It doesn't help at all. Even disabling whole Eset doesn't make it any better.

I'd very much appreciate any hints at how I could fix this.

EDIT: Funny thing, I noticed I'm even having trouble accessing my router through Firefox while League of Legends is up.

pixelfear

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
I have the same problem, and its cause by lol in combination with Avira antivirus. Unfortunately i havent found a proper solution yet, the workaround is to disable the Webguard.

G

Disabling everything in Eset doesn't work in my case. :/ It really is funny, because everything is fine on my brother's PC (he got Eset too and we're on the same router).

pixelfear

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Sorry to hear that. anyway, looking at your case and mine, i still suspect a conflict between the lol launcher and certain antivirus programs. The launcher they use, based on Adobe Air is total bonekrs and was even worse at the begining of lol

GNCD

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
I used to play in LoL NA, but since the region block I'm now in LoL PH. Haven't encountered problems like that yet. Are you guys still encountering the same issue? I can try bypassing the block and check if I get the same problem. I miss the NA nerd ragers...