Let us try to disable the antivirus/firewall and check if it is working. If it works, please contact the security program manufacturer for further assistance.
Note: Running the computer without firewall or the anti-virus software is potential threat to the computer; make sure to enable the security software’s after completing the troubleshooting and identifying the issue.
Follow the instructions below to start the Windows installer service.
1. Click on Start.
2. Type in services.msc and hit enter.
3. Locate Windows Installer.
4. Right click on it and start the service.
5. Change the type to Automatic from Properties.
Check if the issue is resolved.
Let us try installing Windows Installer 4.5 from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.
Windows Installer 4.5 is availablehttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/942288
You may try running the installation as an administrator. Follow the instructions to do so:
• Right click on the installation file.
• Select run as an administrator.
Check if it is working.
cut and pasted from a M.S. site.