32 bit launcher not responding???

Al Capwn069

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Hey so I recently bought a new PC and am running Windows 7 64 bit. I'm trying to install some older games (Might and Magic 6 7 and 8 to be exact) and every time I try to run the setup it acts like it's loading then nothing pops up. If I wait 5-10 mins a setup bar will pop up but immediately stops responding. The exact error is "32 bit setup launcher has stopped responding"...so I'm assuming this has something to do with my 64 bit Windows. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Method 1:

Let us try to disable the antivirus/firewall and check if it is working. If it works, please contact the security program manufacturer for further assistance.

Note: Running the computer without firewall or the anti-virus software is potential threat to the computer; make sure to enable the security software’s after completing the troubleshooting and identifying the issue.

Method 2:

Follow the instructions below to start the Windows installer service.

1. Click on Start.
2. Type in services.msc and hit enter.
3. Locate Windows Installer.
4. Right click on it and start the service.
5. Change the type to Automatic from Properties.

Check if the issue is resolved.

Method 3:

Let us try installing Windows Installer 4.5 from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Windows Installer 4.5 is available
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/942288

You may try running the installation as an administrator. Follow the instructions to do so:
• Right click on the installation file.
• Select run as an administrator.

Check if it is working.

cut and pasted from a M.S. site.