Need help building desktop on budget max out the witcher 2

feared4life

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Hello,

I want to build this labtop desktop and run the witcher 2 on max settings what do i need to upgrade for this to happen, recommendations would be helpful!

also here is link

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Mega_Special_I/

also does desktops come with operating systems when you buy them

You need to get a higher-end video card, the 6770 is OEM only, and only has a 128bit data bus, not too good to max out modern games.

There is a free upgrade to a 6850 in your system options, quite a bit better than the 6770 (more processors and a 256bit memory bus), or go up to the 6870. Either of those "should" come close to running any game on high settings, as long as you don't run on some crazy resolution. You probably don't need AA or AF past 2 or 4x either. Anything over 4x AA seems to be a waste, hard to tell the difference.

6870 may be a safer pick, easier to spend a bit on upgrade now than buying a full new card if the other one runs slower than you like.

It depends if you mean absolute max settings then you need the GTX 590 see:
1680_Ultra.png

Just off of total max it depends what FPS you want and what resolution you play at see this for an idea:
1680_HighUltra.png

PCGH: Is the technology/engine utilized in The Witcher 2 optimized for Multicore CPUs? Will the engine scale well with four or even more cores - the first Hexacore CPUs are just about to be released? If yes, up to how many cores could be supported and can you give some detail about the thread structure? Do you use a scheduler to parallelize the engine code?
Tomek Gop: Similar to the question above - we definitely will reveal more about it sometime soon, but I can already state that our engine works with multiple cores. The more you have, the better for you. And yes, more than two is even better.

This is from http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,745642/The-Witcher-2-New-engine-and-console-version-for-Assassins-of-Kings/News/