h2whoa

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Hi everyone!

I recently got Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and for some strange reason the game runs perfectly fine and then dips to under 30fps during intense moments or sometimes even randomly for 2-3 seconds. I don't know why this is happening since my PC meets the recommended requirements for the game. My PC can handle Modern Warfare 3 and Mirrors Edge at full settings at over 40fps.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.6GHz

GPU: ATI Radeon 5570 1GB DDR2

RAM: 8GB corsair

PSU: 600 watts

Help would be appreciated.

Solution
My previous post answers that post as well.
Even if you decrease the settings to the lowest possible, your card won't be able to run the game smooth. Understand where I'm getting to ? :)
This can also be the problem of the game, where that particular spot was badly developed or intensified with graphics.
A HD 5570 is much of a gaming card, but only a entry level one.
The stutters maybe at points of graphical intensiveness, that a entry level card like a HD 5570 can't handle. The other games Modern Warfare 2 ( pretty sure that it was a typo error that you made since you've typed in '3' ) and Mirror's Edge are all less graphically intensive than Hot Pursuit 2010.

You're better off getting a better card. :)

h2whoa

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
try to change your resolution

The funny thing is that I tried playing the game on the lowest possible settings (800x600, no shadows, no hd textures, no AA etc...) and the game still runs at the same speed. I have the latest drivers, directx and micrsoft visual c++. Is there any explanation to the lack of improvement in gameplay, even with the graphics toned down?

Oh well, I guess I better save up some money for a 6870 :)

Is there any explanation to the lack of improvement in gameplay, even with the graphics toned down?
The simple explanation is, that your card can't handle that graphics, even at low. You'll need something better like a HD 6870 that you mentioned to play it at the highest possible.
So saving up your money for a HD 6870 would be worth everything. :)

h2whoa

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
I'm not saying the game is not playable, just that it stutters the same both with maxed out settings and low settings, normally wouldn't performance increase if you decreased the settings?

My previous post answers that post as well.
Even if you decrease the settings to the lowest possible, your card won't be able to run the game smooth. Understand where I'm getting to ? :)
This can also be the problem of the game, where that particular spot was badly developed or intensified with graphics.

Solution