alaska

I have the free nationwide long distance, free weekends. I called *611 and
spoke with someone who wasn't sure if Alaska was part of free long distance.
Does anyone difinitively know? Thanks, Bradshaw

Bradshaw,
We have the National One Rate plan with free LD and spent 3+ months in
AK last year and yes, the LD from AK was free. Only area with digital
service was in Anchorage (Verizon) with most other towns having analog
service (ATT not Verizon).
Jim
______________________

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Dinsmore wrote:
> We have the National One Rate plan with free LD and spent 3+ months
> in AK last year and yes, the LD from AK was free. Only area with digital
> service was in Anchorage (Verizon) with most other towns having analog
> service (ATT not Verizon).

Verizon is not in Alaska at all. The CDMA carrier in Alaska is Alaska
Digital, in metro Anchorage and Juneau only. Elsewhere, it's Dobson
Cellular One (TDMA, analog, some GSM) and various independent analog
carriers.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.