Speaker connection for Kyocera 7135 MP3 Player

Has anybody come up with a solution for the 7135 2.5 mm connector?
Where can I get an adapter that will allow me to run a cable from my
mp3 player to my stereo or computer speakers so I can play the music
without headsets in decent quality sound?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
4 answers Last reply
More about speaker connection kyocera 7135 player

    Matt Ray wrote:
    > Has anybody come up with a solution for the 7135 2.5 mm connector?
    > Where can I get an adapter that will allow me to run a cable from my
    > mp3 player to my stereo or computer speakers so I can play the music
    > without headsets in decent quality sound?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Matt

    Radio shack... The jack on the phone is for actually 3 connections (stereo
    headset and mike), Headsets are only mono. So one connection on the phone
    jack is unused. Radio Shack has both types of extension cables.... Stereo
    AND Mono.... make sure you get the mono extension.. (it must be mono, if
    stereo, due to the way it is wired, it will try and do 1 mike and 1 speaker
    as a stereo extension, rather than 1 output only as a mono) at the stereo
    end, get a one in - two out y connector.

    Matt Ray wrote:
    > Has anybody come up with a solution for the 7135 2.5 mm connector?
    > Where can I get an adapter that will allow me to run a cable from my
    > mp3 player to my stereo or computer speakers so I can play the music
    > without headsets in decent quality sound?

    There was some guy CoolCat? on the Kyocera 7135 forum at
    www.pdaphonehome.com that made custom adaptors to order.
    Don't know if he does it any more?

    -Quick

    Peter Pan wrote:
    > Matt Ray wrote:
    >> Has anybody come up with a solution for the 7135 2.5 mm connector?
    >> Where can I get an adapter that will allow me to run a cable from my
    >> mp3 player to my stereo or computer speakers so I can play the music
    >> without headsets in decent quality sound?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> Matt
    >
    > Radio shack... The jack on the phone is for actually 3 connections
    > (stereo headset and mike), Headsets are only mono. So one connection
    > on the phone jack is unused. Radio Shack has both types of extension
    > cables.... Stereo AND Mono.... make sure you get the mono extension..
    > (it must be mono, if stereo, due to the way it is wired, it will try
    > and do 1 mike and 1 speaker as a stereo extension, rather than 1
    > output only as a mono) at the stereo end, get a one in - two out y
    > connector.

    I believe the Kyocera 7135 actually has a 4 connection jack. I forget
    the "pinout".

    -Quick

    Quick wrote:
    > Peter Pan wrote:
    >> Matt Ray wrote:
    >>> Has anybody come up with a solution for the 7135 2.5 mm connector?
    >>> Where can I get an adapter that will allow me to run a cable from my
    >>> mp3 player to my stereo or computer speakers so I can play the music
    >>> without headsets in decent quality sound?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance.
    >>>
    >>> Matt
    >>
    >> Radio shack... The jack on the phone is for actually 3 connections
    >> (stereo headset and mike), Headsets are only mono. So one connection
    >> on the phone jack is unused. Radio Shack has both types of extension
    >> cables.... Stereo AND Mono.... make sure you get the mono extension..
    >> (it must be mono, if stereo, due to the way it is wired, it will try
    >> and do 1 mike and 1 speaker as a stereo extension, rather than 1
    >> output only as a mono) at the stereo end, get a one in - two out y
    >> connector.
    >
    > I believe the Kyocera 7135 actually has a 4 connection jack. I forget
    > the "pinout".
    >
    > -Quick

    Just a plain ole 3 connection 2.5 MM jack.. Manufacturer page at
    http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/7135-smartphone/support.htm
    However, the 6035 and 7135 have different outputs.... Now that I think of
    it, the two outputs are tied together in the 6035 (making it mono), but are
    separate in the 7135 (making it stereo).. You may actually be able to get a
    stereo extension cable at radio shack, rather than a mono and splitter.

Verizon Speakers Connection MP3 Internet Service Providers