Speaker connection for Kyocera 7135 MP3 Player

Last response: in Network Providers
November 13, 2004 11:46:18 PM

Has anybody come up with a solution for the 7135 2.5 mm connector?
Where can I get an adapter that will allow me to run a cable from my
mp3 player to my stereo or computer speakers so I can play the music
without headsets in decent quality sound?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 1:08:21 AM

Matt Ray wrote:
> Has anybody come up with a solution for the 7135 2.5 mm connector?
> Where can I get an adapter that will allow me to run a cable from my
> mp3 player to my stereo or computer speakers so I can play the music
> without headsets in decent quality sound?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Matt

Radio shack... The jack on the phone is for actually 3 connections (stereo
headset and mike), Headsets are only mono. So one connection on the phone
jack is unused. Radio Shack has both types of extension cables.... Stereo
AND Mono.... make sure you get the mono extension.. (it must be mono, if
stereo, due to the way it is wired, it will try and do 1 mike and 1 speaker
as a stereo extension, rather than 1 output only as a mono) at the stereo
end, get a one in - two out y connector.
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 8:11:19 AM

Matt Ray wrote:
> Has anybody come up with a solution for the 7135 2.5 mm connector?
> Where can I get an adapter that will allow me to run a cable from my
> mp3 player to my stereo or computer speakers so I can play the music
> without headsets in decent quality sound?

There was some guy CoolCat? on the Kyocera 7135 forum at
www.pdaphonehome.com that made custom adaptors to order.
Don't know if he does it any more?

-Quick
November 14, 2004 9:21:31 AM

Peter Pan wrote:
> Matt Ray wrote:
>> Has anybody come up with a solution for the 7135 2.5 mm connector?
>> Where can I get an adapter that will allow me to run a cable from my
>> mp3 player to my stereo or computer speakers so I can play the music
>> without headsets in decent quality sound?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Matt
>
> Radio shack... The jack on the phone is for actually 3 connections
> (stereo headset and mike), Headsets are only mono. So one connection
> on the phone jack is unused. Radio Shack has both types of extension
> cables.... Stereo AND Mono.... make sure you get the mono extension..
> (it must be mono, if stereo, due to the way it is wired, it will try
> and do 1 mike and 1 speaker as a stereo extension, rather than 1
> output only as a mono) at the stereo end, get a one in - two out y
> connector.

I believe the Kyocera 7135 actually has a 4 connection jack. I forget
the "pinout".

-Quick
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 9:21:32 AM

Quick wrote:
> Peter Pan wrote:
>> Matt Ray wrote:
>>> Has anybody come up with a solution for the 7135 2.5 mm connector?
>>> Where can I get an adapter that will allow me to run a cable from my
>>> mp3 player to my stereo or computer speakers so I can play the music
>>> without headsets in decent quality sound?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Matt
>>
>> Radio shack... The jack on the phone is for actually 3 connections
>> (stereo headset and mike), Headsets are only mono. So one connection
>> on the phone jack is unused. Radio Shack has both types of extension
>> cables.... Stereo AND Mono.... make sure you get the mono extension..
>> (it must be mono, if stereo, due to the way it is wired, it will try
>> and do 1 mike and 1 speaker as a stereo extension, rather than 1
>> output only as a mono) at the stereo end, get a one in - two out y
>> connector.
>
> I believe the Kyocera 7135 actually has a 4 connection jack. I forget
> the "pinout".
>
> -Quick

Just a plain ole 3 connection 2.5 MM jack.. Manufacturer page at
http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/7135-smartphone/support...
However, the 6035 and 7135 have different outputs.... Now that I think of
it, the two outputs are tied together in the 6035 (making it mono), but are
separate in the 7135 (making it stereo).. You may actually be able to get a
stereo extension cable at radio shack, rather than a mono and splitter.
!