Linksys WAP 11 as bridge?

I would like to share a network connection with a neighbor, but our
condos are separated by concrete walls. I am able to get a signal at
my desktop b/c it is by the window, as is the wireless router in her
place (SMC 802.11b). Is it possible to configure a linksys WAP 11 v
1.1 as a bridge to "relay" the signal from her router to other
computers throughout my place?

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott
2 answers Last reply
More about linksys bridge

    In article <1102975092.124200.42450@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
    sepollard88 <sepollard@hotmail.com> wrote:
    :I would like to share a network connection with a neighbor, but our
    :condos are separated by concrete walls. I am able to get a signal at
    :my desktop b/c it is by the window, as is the wireless router in her
    :place (SMC 802.11b). Is it possible to configure a linksys WAP 11 v
    :1.1 as a bridge to "relay" the signal from her router to other
    :computers throughout my place?

    Yes, by upgrading the firmware. See the below for someone's practical
    experiences in doing very much what you want to do:

    http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/wireless/2001/08/24/linksys.html
    --
    Whose posting was this .signature Google'd from?

    Maybe i shouldn't have used the term "bridge". I read somewhere that
    an AP used as a bridge could not "rebroadcast" a signal, which is
    exactly what I need. So can a WAP11 act as a signal relay?
    thanks,

    Scott

Wireless Access Wireless Networking