Linksys WAP 11 as bridge?

I would like to share a network connection with a neighbor, but our
condos are separated by concrete walls. I am able to get a signal at
my desktop b/c it is by the window, as is the wireless router in her
place (SMC 802.11b). Is it possible to configure a linksys WAP 11 v
1.1 as a bridge to "relay" the signal from her router to other
computers throughout my place?

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

In article <1102975092.124200.42450@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
sepollard88 <sepollard@hotmail.com> wrote:
:I would like to share a network connection with a neighbor, but our
:condos are separated by concrete walls. I am able to get a signal at
:my desktop b/c it is by the window, as is the wireless router in her
:place (SMC 802.11b). Is it possible to configure a linksys WAP 11 v
:1.1 as a bridge to "relay" the signal from her router to other
:computers throughout my place?

Yes, by upgrading the firmware. See the below for someone's practical
experiences in doing very much what you want to do:

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/wireless/2001/08/24/linksys.html
--
Whose posting was this .signature Google'd from?

Maybe i shouldn't have used the term "bridge". I read somewhere that
an AP used as a bridge could not "rebroadcast" a signal, which is
exactly what I need. So can a WAP11 act as a signal relay?
thanks,

Scott