Sign in with
Your question

Battlefield 3 Pre-order bonuses guide.

Last response: in Video Games
August 5, 2011 2:44:09 PM

Battlefield 3 pre-orders are going to come with special content which differs where you buy it. From the looks of it every pre-order comes with the Back to Karkand map pack so it will not be listed in the list. I am looking to make a guide to help everyone find the bonus content they desire most. If I missed any stores that have the pre-order bonuses feel free to post such and I will add it. Also each pre-order bonus will be explained.

Amazon: Dog Tag Pack

Amazon UK: Specact kit

Best Buy: Specact kit

Gamestation (UK): Physical warfare pack

GameStop: Physical warfare pack

Origin (PC only): Early open beta access, Physical Warfare Pack, Battlefield Play4Free Items

Play.com (EU): Dog tag pack

Physical Warfare Pack

Type 88 LMG with bipod
Flechette Ammo for DAO-12 Shotgun
Flash suppressor for SKS sniper rifle
Day 1 Access to the DAO-12 Shotgun

Battlefield Play4Free Items

870 Combat Shotgun
Beret

Specact Kit

Eight extra skins one for each class and faction.

Dog Tag Pack

Five extra dog tag designs.
August 5, 2011 4:42:50 PM

Interesting thread. I'm curious to know what Steam pre-orders will offer...
August 5, 2011 7:07:32 PM

Alex The PC Gamer said:

Related resources
August 5, 2011 8:10:51 PM

Thanks for the guide.

Looks like origin offers the most bonuses so I don't see any reason not to pre-order with them. Too bad it's not offered on steam..
August 6, 2011 5:55:52 AM

Alex The PC Gamer said:

Dammit, stop reminding me. Normally, I'm a "No Steam, No Buy" kind of guy but BF3 is just going to be too good to pass up. Screw EA and their Origin *** though, I'm buying from Amazon.
August 6, 2011 4:01:51 PM

JordoR said:
Thanks for the guide.

Looks like origin offers the most bonuses so I don't see any reason not to pre-order with them. Too bad it's not offered on steam..

Quite welcome, and yes its a shame that we won't be able to get it through Steam.

foshi13 said:
Dammit, stop reminding me. Normally, I'm a "No Steam, No Buy" kind of guy but BF3 is just going to be too good to pass up. Screw EA and their Origin *** though, I'm buying from Amazon.

I would advise going through Game-Stop the extra weapons make more sense than the dog tags in my opinion. Also are we even 100% sure that the retail copy won't require Origin much like how some games require Steam?
August 8, 2011 10:50:47 AM

Get it from Amazon and have a chance at playing the game a few days before release!
August 8, 2011 8:12:43 PM

Haven't pre-ordered mine yet but given the prices in continental europe, I'm ordering mine from the uk because it's working out 10-15 euros cheaper e.g.

Amazon.co.uk = £29.91 (34.42 euros)
Direct2Drive = £34.95 (40.24 euros)
play.com = £32.99 (37.99 euros)

If I try to pre-order anywhere in europe, it's 49.99 euros... Yeah, sticking with the british sites lol
!