Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Steam problems (how surprising)

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 5, 2011 6:35:47 PM

Basically, Steam doesn't recognize my account for login, even though I have emails from them for my account confirmation and billing when I added some money into my account. Currently, I am auto-logged to steam on my computer, and when I go into account -> settings, the same email that I have confirmed and listed to use for log in and password recovery isn't being recognized. This is same for my username.

I can't contact steam, cause I need to log into my account, or recover my password using my email (steam doesn't recognize my email or login info even though they sent the same email account and billing confirmation). None of the answers in the Support system fit my problem either. Currently, this isn't a problem, but it probably will be in the future so I'm looking for a fix.

Steam at its finest.
August 5, 2011 10:05:50 PM

Not totally clear, did you call them? and they said they couldn't do anything? Because if there system is sending you emails, Im sure they could fix this easily.
August 5, 2011 10:10:33 PM

nocturnal7x said:
Not totally clear, did you call them? and they said they couldn't do anything? Because if there system is sending you emails, Im sure they could fix this easily.


I couldn't find a phone support system for them anywhere on the site, if you happen to know it could you please provide it for me?
Related resources
August 6, 2011 2:59:55 PM

nocturnal7x said:
hmm, yea, does not seem to exist. If you already created a steam support account

https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

If that doesn't work try calling valve directly.


I can't use the support since my account is being processed as a user, and I found valve's phone and called them. Too bad for troubleshooting issues they just said to go to the steam support you just linked me to. I also tried to change my pass and email but whenever I enter my pass, it says "Steam cannot process your request"
August 6, 2011 3:36:38 PM

nocturnal7x said:
Not totally clear, did you call them? and they said they couldn't do anything? Because if there system is sending you emails, Im sure they could fix this easily.



??? typical steam supporter. there is NO PHONE NUMBER, you sit and wait. hope you like waiting.
August 6, 2011 3:38:26 PM

LOL yeah go ahead and call valve and choose the steam support option. go ahead noc i dare you. prepare to get a the proverbial door in the face.

steams on its way out. all the devs are figuring out and have, that they can make thier own version and offer a PANT LOAD better support.
August 6, 2011 4:22:39 PM

I am having a bit of a problem in understanding the OP's post.

Quote:
Basically, Steam doesn't recognize my account for login, even though I have emails from them for my account confirmation and billing when I added some money into my account.


I was unaware people actually used that feature.

Quote:
Currently, I am auto-logged to steam on my computer, and when I go into account -> settings, the same email that I have confirmed and listed to use for log in and password recovery isn't being recognized. This is same for my username.


So you are able to log in? And when you are trying to change a password it is simply not working?

Quote:
I can't contact steam, cause I need to log into my account


But you just said that you auto-login and are even able to go to your account settings which requires being logged in.


Anyway, I suggest going on the Steam forums and posting your problem there. If you really cannot send a support ticket, then hopefully it will get the attention of valve employee as a few are active on the forums and hopefully they can get you the help you need.
August 6, 2011 4:38:47 PM

NuclearShadow said:
I am having a bit of a problem in understanding the OP's post.

Quote:
Basically, Steam doesn't recognize my account for login, even though I have emails from them for my account confirmation and billing when I added some money into my account.


I was unaware people actually used that feature.

Quote:
Currently, I am auto-logged to steam on my computer, and when I go into account -> settings, the same email that I have confirmed and listed to use for log in and password recovery isn't being recognized. This is same for my username.


So you are able to log in? And when you are trying to change a password it is simply not working?

Quote:
I can't contact steam, cause I need to log into my account


But you just said that you auto-login and are even able to go to your account settings which requires being logged in.


Anyway, I suggest going on the Steam forums and posting your problem there. If you really cannot send a support ticket, then hopefully it will get the attention of valve employee as a few are active on the forums and hopefully they can get you the help you need.


1st Quote: I just used that point to show that steam has sent me emails dealing with stuff like billing, but steam can't recognize the same email for login and password recovery

2nd Quote: When I start my computer, Steam auto connects my account for me for the browser only, so yes I can still use it to play games and stuff. However, if I wanna log into the steam site (stuff like using forums I guess), I type in my login info and steam doesn't recognize it. I put in the same email I used to verify (exact same when I go in Account -> Settings in the Steam browser) for password recovery, and it gives me a message that it doesn't recognize my email.

3rd Quote: Can't contact steam because if I go to the contact page, its on the steam website (i'm only logged in on the steam browser). Also tried going into Account -> Settings to change my email and password but it says "The Steam server is unable to process your request"

Also can't use steam forums since I can't login rofl. Only logged in for browser
August 7, 2011 2:49:02 AM

I hope it will work for you, but steam has big holes that should have been fixed years ago. It still seem's like a beta to me and it's my lest fav DRM next to driver based DRM.( no 64 bit v)

P.S Support is next to none from what I have seen and every one will say it's os or ie or this one app (fill in name here) or that HDD is bad. You should go some site that is not full of steam lover's to help to, becuase they may see that steam is not 100% all the time and be able to fix it for you.

P.S.S I am mad steam more than ever becuase offline mode failed me on a trip and I just got a new game at the time.
August 7, 2011 3:26:30 AM

4ktv said:
I hope it will work for you, but steam has big holes that should have been fixed years ago. It still seem's like a beta to me and it's my lest fav DRM next to driver based DRM.( no 64 bit v)

P.S Support is next to none from what I have seen and every one will say it's os or ie or this one app (fill in name here) or that HDD is bad. You should go some site that is not full of steam lover's to help to, becuase they may see that steam is not 100% all the time and be able to fix it for you.

P.S.S I am mad steam more than ever becuase offline mode failed me on a trip and I just got a new game at the time.


Wait did you give me a suggestion? I didn't really understand what ur saying


Also, would getting a friend to contact the steam support for me dealing with my login issues on his account?
August 7, 2011 2:39:06 PM

wongt4 said:
Wait did you give me a suggestion? I didn't really understand what ur saying


Also, would getting a friend to contact the steam support for me dealing with my login issues on his account?


I am saying try to post your ? in more forum's and list all the thing's you have tryed. Geting a friend to talk to them may help, but I would make a vid and give them the link so they can see what is going on.
!